• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not watching Sky, but I think it's a fair bet the words "slammed shut" have been used in the last minute

Cahill joined Shanghai Shenhua.

McNumpty after the August transfer window

Great deadline day for Hull

Transfer deadline day: Who did the best business?
Hull City's transfer deadline day activity was proof of how far manager Steve Bruce has brought the club in a short space of time.
Uruguay striker Abel Hernandez arrived from Palermo in a club record £10m deal while the arrivals of Hatem Ben Arfa from Newcastle United and Gaston Ramirez from Southampton will capture the imagination. Mo Diame's arrival from West Ham United will beef up midfield.
Bruce did a superb job in establishing Hull in the Premier League last season, as well as reaching the FA Cup final, and these deals signpost the new ambition and hope under Bruce, who has a history of being able to persuade big-name players to come to his clubs.

McNumpty after the January transfer window.

"Remains to be seen but the likes of Hull City and QPR might live to regret not doing more business if the lack of activity plays a part in a failure to retain their Premier League status."

The BBC's chief football writer certainly knows what he is talking about. He even mentions the signing of Aaron Lennon by Everton in the best deals.

Yeah Steve Bruce goes for the exotic name. How much homework did he do on each of those players. How many character references. Similarly how much knowledge did the BBC writer have of those players and their abilities to become Premier league players. Its idle signings by Bruce that the fans often think are well thought out, in reality Bruce is playing football manager with real people. The bloke cant coach and this hope for the best approach to new signings was always in time going to catch up with him.

Anderson has gone back to Brazil.

A criminal waste of talent. He was a hell of a player on his day.

Will Eion Doyle do any good at Cardiff? Slade is certainly trying to take the best from the lower leagues.

He appears to be a talent. More concerned about the abilities of slade to be honest.

Laughed at a skit on dave. reporter outside a football stadium, strapline across the bottom mocking redknapp, & the reporter says "ah shit, it was yesterday!" :icon_lol:

I didn't realise Mackay-Steven signed for Celtic early and that Armstrong had been bought too. Poor Dundee Utd!

Always the same up there isn't it? Anyone good who turns up in the league gets snapped up by Celtic.

I didn't realise Mackay-Steven signed for Celtic early and that Armstrong had been bought too. Poor Dundee Utd!
How good is Armstrong, if reports are to be believed he's the best Scottish striker since Steven Fletcher?

Then I guess the reports aren't to be believed...

Snippet from Gary Rowett pre-match media conference: Blues manager reveals he made 62 phone calls on transfer deadline day asking about players.

Wigan Athletic have announced the signing of South Korean international Kim Bo-Kyung. Bo-Kyung worked with Latics manager Malky Mackay when the pair were at Cardiff.

This was the chap who was caught up in some of the racist allegations against MacKay!

Wigan Athletic have announced the signing of South Korean international Kim Bo-Kyung. Bo-Kyung worked with Latics manager Malky Mackay when the pair were at Cardiff.

This was the chap who was caught up in some of the racist allegations against MacKay!

You couldn't make it up.

"My one regret on choosing Hull over Wolves in the Summer was missing out on the opportunity to play in the same team as Leon Clarke. I'm delighted that this loan move helps me to fulfil my dream".

"My one regret on choosing Hull over Wolves in the Summer was missing out on the opportunity to play in the same team as Leon Clarke. I'm delighted that this loan move helps me to fulfil my dream".
Good stuff, one lump or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back