• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin Odegaard going to Real by the sounds of it.

Another kid makes a stupid decision. Could be the last we hear of him.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

Shock horror. 'Pulis wants a new winger on either flank for #WBA , a holding midfielder & a targetman to give side pace and power, feels squad v unbalanced'

They definitely need better wide players. Though Mulumbu and Anichebe fit the holding/target players.

I recommend Kevin Doyle. Great target man....

I don't see Anichebe as much of a target man, he's got the physique but he doesn't really play that way, seems to spend more time running the channels.

Anichebe is a more expensive version of Frank Nouble. His all-round play reminds me of a dog chasing a Frisbee.

Another kid makes a stupid decision. Could be the last we hear of him.

Looks like he'll get #16 which means he can only play for the first team according to some weird la liga rule.
Players #26 and higher can play for the first team AND reserve team but not players numbered 1-25.

They're in Madrid now most likely negotiating because he's visited Real at least twice before so I expect him to sign for them.I agree that it's not a good decision.

If he's getting a number that restricts him to the Real first team then I'd expect he's just going to end up getting shipped out on loan for a few years, surely he'd have been better off with a higher squad number so he could flit between Real and Castilla whilst still having the option of going out on loan?

Real consistently produce superb footballers. Has any other club around developed as many top quality players in recent history? I doubt it. The list is endless.

If he's getting a number that restricts him to the Real first team then I'd expect he's just going to end up getting shipped out on loan for a few years, surely he'd have been better off with a higher squad number so he could flit between Real and Castilla whilst still having the option of going out on loan?

Yeah like I said I'm not claiming to understand the logic,or the plan. :)

Real consistently produce superb footballers. Has any other club around developed as many top quality players in recent history? I doubt it. The list is endless.

I doubt it,it seems almost every Spanish la liga player has been at Real Madrid at some point.

Madrid has a good youth academy but saying they have developed as many top class footballers is silly. Bayern, Barca, Dortmund and Arsenal have all developed more first team players for their own and other clubs.

Of course it depends on how far back we're looking at, but I can't have Arsenal and Dortmund as comparable in terms of overall output of quality.

Bayern and Barca have obviously got a much greater quantity of their own academy products in their first teams at the moment, but Real's production line shouldn't be underestimated. They take a different approach by loaning out their younger players, or even selling them on with buy back clauses such as with Carvajal but there's a staggering array of players that have come through that academy and had great success in their careers. Easily comparable with Bayern and Barca for me.

Oh I'm not disputing they have a quality production line, just not as good as Barca and Bayern and I would say Arsenal too for me. It all depends on how far back you go as you say and we should probably include United and Liverpool as well.

You'd have to chuck in West Ham and Southampton as at least an honourable mention if we're considering the last 15-20 years.

If we say from 2000 onwards

Beyond Fabregas and Cashley who are/were wonderful players I just don't see it with Arsenal at all. Wilshere, Gibbs and Chesney are obviously talents in their current squad that they've brought through themselves but beyond that the quality is bang average. The standouts are Larsson, Bentley, Djorou, Pennant, Bendtner and Muamba....

In that time Real have had the following go through their academy: Carvajal, Arbeloa, Diego Lopez, Soldado, Negredo, Mata, Morata, Jese, Juanfran, Rodrigo, Callejon, Granero, Parejo and Javi Garcia. It's not remotely comparable for me!

Arsenal also produced Clichy and K. Toure who are pretty decent. I'm not a fan of some you've listed but I see your point.

Valdes signing for United. Really don't see the point. Not that he's even very good.

Emmanuel Emenike close to a deal with Spurs, can he play up front alongside Harry Kane or will Spurs use him as a lone striker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back