• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Jonathan Parr is heading for Ipswich.

Ipswich have gotten rid of one of their best attacking threats in Cresswell for £4M rising to £7M and replaced him with a left back who's a good defender but offers very little going forward on a free. They're also heavily linked with Connor Sammon. I've got to be honest, as well as he did for us I don't miss Mick McCarthy in the slightest.

Ipswich could be lining up like this next year.

Gerken
Chambers Berra Smith Parr
Anderson Skuse Hyam Hunt
Murphy Sammon​

Hard working team with 0 flair players. Flat back four, two defensive midfielders, two wingers who will get up and down the line all day but wont create much and two hard working "put a shift in" strikers.

The fans at Portman Road are in for quite a treat next season. :blah-sleeping1:

Good bit of business for Mick there. I like Parr and getting good money for Cresswell looks like he'll be able to justify a few more average signings. I would say that Ward is unlikely to sign for him now.

Burnley setting their stall out with two dreadful signings; Marvin Sordell and Matt Taylor.

They've been linked with Craig Bryson and Troy Deeney which would be excellent signings for their 2015/16 Championship bid.

Bryson and Will Hughes have signed new long-term contracts at Derby who should be clear favourites with the bookies now for me

Bryson and Hughes are two excellent midfielders for this level - but George Thorne was excellent at the end of the season for them and they will miss him badly if they don't replace him properly.McClaren had them pretty organised and they played some good stuff but individually I don't see them as world beaters.

Bryson and Hughes are two excellent midfielders for this level - but George Thorne was excellent at the end of the season for them and they will miss him badly if they don't replace him properly.

They'll probably be able to buy him if they can stump up the cash for him. He's doing a very good job of severing all ties with Albion.

They'll probably be able to buy him if they can stump up the cash for him. He's doing a very good job of severing all ties with Albion.

He's doing his best but Albion don't seem very keen on letting him go, haven't they dismissed his transfer request?

Where's the £4m to £7m for Creswell come from?

I've only seen figures of circa £2m.

He's doing his best but Albion don't seem very keen on letting him go, haven't they dismissed his transfer request?

Twice I think. Basically, if they get a suitable offer for a talented young player who is still under contract, he'll go. But it won't be on the cheap. And rightly so.

WBA have asked for £3-4m for Thorne according to the Derby fan I know.

WBA have asked for £3-4m for Thorne according to the Derby fan I know.

Yeah I've heard a similar figure.

Some Derby fans are acting in a remarkably similar way to their neighbours in Nottingham during Sako-gate regarding this deal. #freethorne

I suppose the difference being that West Brom are playing hardball despite showing no inclination whatsoever to actually use Thorne themselves, even though they've been dreadful for 18 months. Whereas Sako has been one of our key players from the day he arrived.

David Sullivan's son. £4M up front with £700K going to Tranmere Rovers. Rising to £7M depending on appearances etc.

My Ipswich supporting mate from uni reckoned £3.5m rising to £7m when i spoke to him earlier too.

Twice I think. Basically, if they get a suitable offer for a talented young player who is still under contract, he'll go. But it won't be on the cheap. And rightly so.

Haven't they done the same with Dawson too? Possibly forcing them to stay around so they can start pre season with Irvine, see if he wants to use them and if so he might be able to convince them to stay with more first team opportunities.

I suppose the difference being that West Brom are playing hardball despite showing no inclination whatsoever to actually use Thorne themselves, even though they've been dreadful for 18 months. Whereas Sako has been one of our key players from the day he arrived.

Doesn't really matter if the guy is still under contract and Peace is similar to Moxey for getting good dollar from buying clubs. Thorne may well have made the breakthrough if it wasn't for the serious injury he sustained - who knows?

In such cases, I hope Albion stick to their guns and bleed another club dry for Thorne. I can't stand shows of petulance like that. And for all the unrest with Sako, credit to him for actually putting it behind him and making a positive contribution to the team.

Doesn't really matter if the guy is still under contract and Peace is similar to Moxey for getting good dollar from buying clubs. Thorne may well have made the breakthrough if it wasn't for the serious injury he sustained - who knows?

In such cases, I hope Albion stick to their guns and bleed another club dry for Thorne. I can't stand shows of petulance like that. And for all the unrest with Sako, credit to him for actually putting it behind him and making a positive contribution to the team.

I'd have Thorne in a heartbeat and Albion should be pairing him with Mulubu in the middle of the pitch. Excellent passer of the ball and is a carbon copy of Huddlestone. However, he hasn't covered himself in glory with his antics, but he's young and probably ill advised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back