• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ipswich have gotten rid of one of their best attacking threats in Cresswell for £4M rising to £7M and replaced him with a left back who's a good defender but offers very little going forward on a free. They're also heavily linked with Connor Sammon. I've got to be honest, as well as he did for us I don't miss Mick McCarthy in the slightest.

Ipswich could be lining up like this next year.

Gerken
Chambers Berra Smith Parr
Anderson Skuse Hyam Hunt
Murphy Sammon​

Hard working team with 0 flair players. Flat back four, two defensive midfielders, two wingers who will get up and down the line all day but wont create much and two hard working "put a shift in" strikers.

The fans at Portman Road are in for quite a treat next season. :blah-sleeping1:
McGoldrick would definitely be in their first 11

Agreement reached between Liverpool and Barca, 75m Euros (£60m)

Callum Wilson to Bournemouth £2.25M.

Yep, always thought they were better than that.

Debuchy to Arsenal for £8m according to the man himself on French TV.

Liverpool close to signing Divock Origi for £10m. He seemed to get a lot of rave reviews in the World Cup but I wasn't very impressed at all. No instinct for making the right runs, outright lazy at times. Didn't look any more than average technically and his finishing was largely awful.

They're also looking to get Lazar Markovic which is a bit more like it, not cheap though at £25m.

They've had £20m turned down for Lovren, they should pull out the stops for him and try to cash in on Sakho after he managed to go through the World Cup without any of his bombscare moments. You'd then have a massive upgrade for under £10m in all probability. None of their other centre halves are really worth much so they wouldn't be able to finance a deal by getting rid of them instead - but Sakho isn't really appreciably any better than Skrtel or Agger.

Liverpool concede more goals with Skrtel in the team according to the stats, and Agger is injury prone. They'll pair Sakho and Lovren together IMO.

I've read Markovic is a done deal. Too expensive for what he is, a pace merchant.

Then again they'll have £80m to spend when Suarez leaves. They just need to make sure they don't do a Bale/Spurs and overspend on half a new team.

Oh and I agree on Origi. Good pace but very wasteful.

Liverpool concede more goals with Skrtel in the team according to the stats, and Agger is injury prone. They'll pair Sakho and Lovren together IMO.

They probably will, I just don't rate Sakho at all. He's clumsy, cumbersome, doesn't dominate, doesn't organise, horrible on the ball and always looks like he's got a massive ricket in him. If they could somehow get most or all of their money back for him they should cut and run because I really cannot see him developing into a Champions League standard defender.

I actually think Sakho is okay , I think people are just put off because he has a really strange style. Him and Lovren would be a good partnership I reckon, they need a left back/right back urgently.

I saw that Lovren has been taking tips from Fletcher in his press interviews.

Origi has promise but looks very raw. He's a long way from being ready for the expectations at Liverpool.

He might well thrive under the pressure at a big club, he's coped alright with the pressure in the World Cup despite his inexperience, certainly better than Lukaku has anyway.

Ashley Cole is in Rome ready to complete his move to Roma.

Middlesbrough splashing the cash with a 4m offer for Racing Genk striker Jelle Vossen.

Mathias Jorgensen goes back to Copenhagen from PSV , Solbakken gets his centre back.

Liverpool close to signing Divock Origi for £10m. He seemed to get a lot of rave reviews in the World Cup but I wasn't very impressed at all. No instinct for making the right runs, outright lazy at times. Didn't look any more than average technically and his finishing was largely awful.

They're also looking to get Lazar Markovic which is a bit more like it, not cheap though at £25m.

They've had £20m turned down for Lovren, they should pull out the stops for him and try to cash in on Sakho after he managed to go through the World Cup without any of his bombscare moments. You'd then have a massive upgrade for under £10m in all probability. None of their other centre halves are really worth much so they wouldn't be able to finance a deal by getting rid of them instead - but Sakho isn't really appreciably any better than Skrtel or Agger.

I think he's got a lot of plaudits for coming off the bench and looking decent which is relatively easy to do for someone as quick as him playing against tired defenders in South American heat. Lukaku looked immense when he came on against the USA but both have looked poor when starting games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back