• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron Cresswell is having a medical at West Ham.

Talk now that if Real get James Rodriguez then Di Maria will go to United.

They'd be nuts to let Di Maria go, just had the season of his life, even if you're bumping him from CM (and they shouldn't) then he is an awesome rotation option when Bale/Ronaldo sit out or are injured.

I'd love to see Di Maria in the Premier League though! If I was Arsenal I'd be going all out for him and Sanchez. That would make them serious contenders!

I'd say Arsenal need a Khedira (at the peak of his powers) much more than they need a Di Maria. Not that you would ever turn down the opportunity to sign Di Maria were it feasible.

Arteta has had it and he's Arsenal's only vaguely defensive midfielder bar Flamini (old) and Diaby (always broken).

Arteta can't defend for shit, he can't run much anymore though so usually ends up as the holding player, he's useless without the ball though, should've been replaced 12 months ago.

I think they will be in the market for one of those players anyway. But they never seem to have the amount of top class forward options that Chelsea, United, City have. Those two would do that I think

Definitely need a striker, Giroud is not a top level player. Podolski is shite, fuck him off. Cazorla, Ramsey, Özil, Rosicky, Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain aren't bad options though!

Sanchez could be that guy though. Cazorla is off isn't he? and as highly as I rate Rosicky he breaks all the time.

--------------CM-------Wilshere------

Di Maria----------Ramsey--------Ozil

-----------------Sanchez--------------

Would be pretty scary

Wenger talks like a mad scientist about Ox playing CM at some point. I don't know about that. Fergie used to bang on about it with Giggs playing up front, Becks in the middle of the park and Keane at centre half and it never happened.

I expect Aurier will go to Arsenal to fill the gap at RB. Not sure about him, he reminds me a bit of Eboué.

I don't think Sanchez is really a striker though. You couldn't play him by himself.

Ramsey is most effective running from deep too I reckon. Wilshere is going to struggle to get in the XI a lot of the time if they sign an attacker and DM.

Liverpool announce they have completed the signing of Germany under-21 international Emre Can from Bayer Leverkusen.

"I am proud to be a part of the family and I am looking forward to playing here. I'll give my best," says the midfielder.

Can, 20, played 29 league games for Leverkusen last season.

Can's not bad, he's not really a conventional DM though which is what Liverpool need. He was all over the place when United thumped Leverkusen at the BayArena. Better than Henderson mind.

He was playing left back that night though to be fair. But getting torn to shreds by Valencia isn't a good thing regardless.

Can is that left footed option to play in the 4-3-3 or also compete with Henderson if they go 4-2-3-1. Very similar to why we have brought in Tommy Rowe I'd say, with McDonald being our Gerrard! Sort of!

As for Arsenal its about time The Ox started a lot more games and he'll probably have to do it from the left flank.

...........Ramsey.....Wilshere
Walcott..........Ozil.............TheOx
..................Sanchez

Can is that left footed option to play in the 4-3-3 or also compete with Henderson if they go 4-2-3-1. Very similar to why we have brought in Tommy Rowe I'd say, with McDonald being our Gerrard! Sort of!

As for Arsenal its about time The Ox started a lot more games and he'll probably have to do it from the left flank.

...........Ramsey.....Wilshere
Walcott..........Ozil.............TheOx
..................Sanchez

they got campbell too, who apparently is going to be there for the season. Him, Giroud & Podolski makes a very good bench

I'm far from convinced about Campbell at that level. He is better than Bendtner and Sanogo though.

I wouldn't want Podolski down here, still trading off the 2006 World Cup. He is crap.

Straight from his car window:

QPR are set to sign former England captain Rio Ferdinand and have agreed a fee with Cardiff for Steven Caulker, manager Harry Redknapp has confirmed.

Straight from his car window:

QPR are set to sign former England captain Rio Ferdinand and have agreed a fee with Cardiff for Steven Caulker, manager Harry Redknapp has confirmed.

Dodgy fucking cunt, redknapp is pure scum

West Ham sign Aaron Cresswell from Ipswich on a five year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back