• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 6m
Liverpool in advanced talks with Swansea over Wilfried Bony with player's agent thought to be meeting Liverpool officials

Not entirely convinced by him, made a lot of good point blank saves but can't recall too many of him flying across the goal and picking things out of the top corner, looks like a good 5 a side keeper to me, flys out at your feet and narrows the angle in those tight situations.

Bah wrong keeper! ;)
I'd still pick Navas for £10m over Ochoa for free.

How much would Bony cost? 20-25 million? Would he even be first choice?!!

Not sure Liverpool are going about this the right way. Too many changes and not enough top level quality

Not sure Liverpool are going about this the right way. Too many changes and not enough top level quality

Agreed. They look like losing one of the best forwards in football, and are trying to bring in players, who are decent enough, but nowhere near as good as Suarez.

Who out there could they possible attract though. They would have to spend more than they are getting for Suaraz to even stand a chance of improving.

I would agree with that. Some good top level forwards about but they seem to be buying the next level down and Bony really is a poor technical player, strangely enough for a very technical approach. Seems as though it's agent led rather than statements from the club though. They'd be better off with Remy.

Who out there could they possible attract though. They would have to spend more than they are getting for Suaraz to even stand a chance of improving.

They will have to look beyond Southampton I think,so far they appear to be bolstering the squad and not improving the best 11.

And therein lies the problem. Liverpool had decided they have had enough Suarez's antics, but how on earth do you replace him? He is an excellent player, and unless Liverpool can get Messi in part exchange, (which of course will not happen) then any replacement will be inferior to Suarez.

I would agree with that. Some good top level forwards about but they seem to be buying the next level down and Bony really is a poor technical player, strangely enough for a very technical approach. Seems as though it's agent led rather than statements from the club though. They'd be better off with Remy.

I actually quite like Bony, and I think he is more skillful than given credit for. He pulls out some very good tricks to buy himself time and create space but there's no way he's a step up on Sturridge who if they are spending that amount of money need to be looking to improve not fill their squad.

I really like Remy, he's nowhere near his standard but reminds me a bit of Henry (Thierry before anyone makes a smart comment). Seems quite explosive and a good finisher.

If i was Liverpool i would take Michu for a couple of seasons, he would suit their pass and move game, i see he is set to join Napoli on season long loan.

Season long loan? How strange!

Lots of reports of Di Maria to Man Utd - fantastic player front three of him van Persie and Rooney? If that happens that's another top player coming to the Premier League, probably the most in one summer for a few years

Lots of reports of Di Maria to Man Utd - fantastic player front three of him van Persie and Rooney? If that happens that's another top player coming to the Premier League, probably the most in one summer for a few years

Has Rooney a future at United, not sure myself, thoughts?

They've just given him a five year deal on wages that no-one else in the world will match, of course he has.

I think United would use Di Maria in CM as Real did last season. Mata, RvP and Rooney as the front three. Herrera, Di Maria and Carrick (for now) as the midfield three. They're rumoured to be looking at Hummels and Vidal too.

Hasn't he just sign a huge contract? I can't see him going this summer.

----------------------------De Gea-------------------------------

Rafael-----------Jones-------------Evans-----------------Shaw

------------------Herrera-----------Carrick----------------------

Di Maria-------------------Rooney--------------------------Mata

-----------------------------RVP-----------------------------------

Scary front four I've got to say. They need some a top centre and right back, plus a back up left back.

Vidal and Hummels would be huge signings

They've just given him a five year deal on wages that no-one else in the world will match, of course he has.

I think United would use Di Maria in CM as Real did last season. Mata, RvP and Rooney as the front three. Herrera, Di Maria and Carrick (for now) as the midfield three. They're rumoured to be looking at Hummels and Vidal too.

That's all a bit narrow and the front three don't have any pace.

Shaw will offer width down one side, get rid of the unprofessional muppet on the other side and replace him properly then that sorts it out to a degree.

LvG often plays a narrow 4-3-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back