• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Despite reports from his supporters that he was released without charge earlier he will in fact be held in custody for 30 days

Last edited:
2nd grandkid on the way in July (there like buses - wait for ages then 2 turn up close together :) )

This ones from my elder son (well mainly his wife really) - had loads of problems in the first marriage due to medical reasons (couple of miscarriages & 2 failed IVF options then she had a brain aneurysm which completely changed her which is why they divorced) this one is with wife 2 & I am made up for them.

Jeremy Clarkson getting dropped by Amazon over his Meghan remarks, so no more farm and grand tour.
No doubt it’s because of PC or woke taking over the world, and how everyone missed that it was banter and he didn’t mean it, in comments when social media finds out.

Jeremy Clarkson getting dropped by Amazon over his Meghan remarks, so no more farm and grand tour.
No doubt it’s because of PC or woke taking over the world, and how everyone missed that it was banter and he didn’t mean it, in comments when social media finds out.
Working for Amazon until his contract ends in 2024......he will then get a gig on GB News or the like

Hadn’t actually read the reports tbh, they were all mail, star sun websites, didn’t want to click on them.
Not that good a news story then

Not even confirmed yet but could explain JC commenting today he had emailed Harry and Meghan directly to apologise for his comments.

The apology read like he was doing it because he’d been called out and not because he’s sorry, fulling expecting a donation to a charity of their choice and can we draw a line under it now mentioned at some point.

Went to see The Mind Mangler at brum alex last night.
Mischief Comedy stuff is always really good. Personally I find their theatre stuff better than their tv stuff - it just suits the medium so much more!

Laughed my ass off no end. Brilliant show, and spectacularly funny. Brilliantly acted out too. Truly superb.

Went to see The Mind Mangler at brum alex last night.
Mischief Comedy stuff is always really good. Personally I find their theatre stuff better than their tv stuff - it just suits the medium so much more!

Laughed my ass off no end. Brilliant show, and spectacularly funny. Brilliantly acted out too. Truly superb.
Going to see this in March at the Lowry.

Saw the tour of Magic Goes Wrong in Chester last year and the guy playing the Mind Mangler was superb but really looking forward to seeing Henry Lewis play the character he created. (was meant to see the full cast do the show in London but 4 times it was cancelled due to Covid)

Love all things from the Mischief Group. Think it is only Groan Ups I have missed.

TV show is good and a few brilliant episodes in there. (90 Degrees, A Trial to Watch and the Most Lamentable I can watch again and again.

Last edited:
You're in for a treat mate!
I need to get around to catching Christmas Carol Goes Wrong on iplayer!

I have seen Groan Ups - saw it at the grand. although only half full, it was immediately post covid. But it was really good imo.

& agree with you, seeing Henry Lewis play the role did add something (have to say Jonathan Seymour was also exceptional)

Pre covid I saw them do an improv Mischief Movie night in one of the hippodrome studies that was exceptionally funny, and you could see all those participating also loved that, so if you ever get a chance, definitely go to one of those events.

Probably like you, if I see a new Mischief play, I am monitoring where it visits to plan a trip to go see it as they are totally awesome!

think I saw peter pan goes wrong in february 2020, immediately prior to the brown stuff hitting the air circulating machine.

28th December I had an appointment at my doctors for a medication review. I had to do a weeks worth of home blood pressure tests in the build up and the results weren't great with be hitting high 140 to mid 150 over high 90 mid 100's with my average being 149/99. Needless to say, that's not great!

Anyway I was advised to try to get that down to low 140's if possible and come back this month for another review.

I know that I got into the habit of drinking at home, you know I'd finish work when on lates and get home and have a beer or two to "relax". When I was off I'd have an extra can or two, it had become a habit. So I decided to cut that all out and exercise a bit more and all I've had since 28th December is 4 whiskeys, and 3 of them were at a Burns Night party on Saturday.

So, I'm back to the doctors tomorrow and my average BP is 131/90, while I've also lost a little over half a stone! I feel much better and not as lethargic as I used to. It's definitely the way forward and so I will have to make sure I watch my intake although that will probably be more difficult on my next visit to Wolves as they've been way to few this season!

28th December I had an appointment at my doctors for a medication review. I had to do a weeks worth of home blood pressure tests in the build up and the results weren't great with be hitting high 140 to mid 150 over high 90 mid 100's with my average being 149/99. Needless to say, that's not great!

Anyway I was advised to try to get that down to low 140's if possible and come back this month for another review.

I know that I got into the habit of drinking at home, you know I'd finish work when on lates and get home and have a beer or two to "relax". When I was off I'd have an extra can or two, it had become a habit. So I decided to cut that all out and exercise a bit more and all I've had since 28th December is 4 whiskeys, and 3 of them were at a Burns Night party on Saturday.

So, I'm back to the doctors tomorrow and my average BP is 131/90, while I've also lost a little over half a stone! I feel much better and not as lethargic as I used to. It's definitely the way forward and so I will have to make sure I watch my intake although that will probably be more difficult on my next visit to Wolves as they've been way to few this season!
Good going mate, I feel I ought to check my vitals, feeling a bit bloated since crimbo.

Good going mate, I feel I ought to check my vitals, feeling a bit bloated since crimbo.
Yeah, do mate. My water intake is up and my caffeine intake down which has helped too.

Well played for having the willpower. Great that you are seeing and feeling the results too.

I put the bottle/glass recycling box thing out for collection first thing this morning. That’s always a moment to reflect and this morning it looked and felt heavy. Counted 7 bottles of wine, 4 small beers - that’s 2 people, 7 days. Plus, have eaten at the pub twice (so say, another 4 pints + 4 glasses of wine). That feels like an awful lot of booze.

But you kind of justify it - rarely have a ‘session’ so to speak, keep reasonably fit, and y’know, don’t do spirts, or drink at lunch time, and everyone needs some sort of relaxation time, and it’s not evvvery day, and (insert whatever other feeble justification here).

It’s the classic wine with a meal and feet up at the end of a long day scenario. Don’t necessarily fear that getting worse and drinking more, but certainly concerned about the current levels and the difficulty in finding the willpower to change something that is after all, quite enjoyable.

Seriously want to cut out the wine at home and just drink socially but habits are bloody hard to break. Well done though, it’s good to read positive posts like yours. Not substitute for willpower and respect for finding it.

Thanks Epsom. I only had a couple of "ooo, shall I have a beer, just one!" moments and but managed to stick with it and glad I did.

Echo the respect, Darlo.

I've been trying to cut down on my vaping (picked it up at Starbucks... oops) this year and it's excruciatingly difficult.

Back