• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Was that the place that put quantity over the quality of work?
Yes.
4-5 bikes an hour built with an extra 10 minutes to wrap handlebar tape if needed.
Hopefully the complaints they got put a stop to that, and theyā€™ve gone quality over quantity, like I say weā€™ll see, and expect to see me in the things that annoy you thread moaning about it if itā€™s still crap and Iā€™ve quit

Yes.
4-5 bikes an hour built with an extra 10 minutes to wrap handlebar tape if needed.
Hopefully the complaints they got put a stop to that, and theyā€™ve gone quality over quantity, like I say weā€™ll see, and expect to see me in the things that annoy you thread moaning about it if itā€™s still crap and Iā€™ve quit
A bit of Wiggle room then?

Congratulations PK on the new arrival.

In other news, I appear to have a job, Iā€™ve got an ā€œinterviewā€ Monday to start work Tuesday!
I have worked for the place before, and quit due to the working conditions being shocking, theyā€™re better now, so weā€™ll see.
Itā€™s building bikes for a large online company with a warehouse in bilston just alongside the Black Country route
I *think* I've know where you mean šŸ˜‰

Elon Musk got taken to court by Tesla shareholders because him being a cunt absolutely messes with the share price.

In court, Elon briefly gets called "Mr Tweet" by mistake.

Elon finds this hilarious and changes his Twitter name to "Mr Tweet". Mad bantz.

Elon has broken Twitter so much that he now can't change it back and he's just Mr Tweet.

If only he knew the owner of the place and could get that sorted!

I own my house but if I set fire to it there's not much I can do to fix it...

He really has made an absolute arse of it. The feed doesn't work at all any more. Annoyingly I always see the tweets of one person first and they use mental health as a parlour game. I think I've interacted with them once, ever.

I would suggest Mr Tweet knows what he is doing with regards to changing his name and doing the self own tweet,

Gets loads of shares etc and helps him keep numbers ticking over. Which is all he cares about really

He has a few tech folk left who could sort it in seconds

I am fucking knackered but I have managed to sell virtually my entire D&D and other RPG collection in just over a week. Just got to wait for the eBay overlords to release the cash. Literally only about twenty items left and some big time resellers bought fucking boatloads of items. Local post office are sick of the sight of me but itā€™s going to bring in a lot of emigration funds. Next stop - flogging the car!

Must give a huge shout out to Kenny for sending me a ridiculous number of stamps so I can keep the postage costs in full and also to two friends who sent cash my way to pay for envelopes and boxes. It couldnā€™t have happened without that help and I will be eternally grateful!

It's changed so it defaults everytime to "For You" instead of "Following" which is annoying.
That's changed back this week for me on desktop but not on my phone, however it's still shit and nothing like what it was.

I unfollowed the guy and it still pops up constantly, I'll have to just block him.

cycling home from work and it still being "blue dark" as we call it in our house (one of the grandkids - I may as well accept it and just call them that tbh came up with it when little and it stuck) or effectively dusk. Won't be long now until there is daylight on my cycle home.

Love little family slang like that.

My momā€™s dad used to always ask us if we were awake by saying ā€œis it daylight yet?ā€ Which I have now carried on to my niece and nephew, much to their confusion (never got to meet Pawpaw before he passed).

Finally, Iā€™m not doley scum any more, start a new job on Monday, itā€™s zero hours as most jobs are now, but guaranteed 2 days a week possibly 3, itā€™s driving the NHS passenger transport minibuses, the non blue light ones that take your Nan to her hospital appointmentā€™s, best thing is Iā€™m only collecting and delivering them from the depots to bring back to my work for servicing and MOTs, no passengers to deal with.

I did apply for Wiggle on the bike building side, had an interview on a Monday morning, the agency I would have been working for, to see if Iā€™m ok doing the job before wiggle took me on said theyā€™d let me know by Friday latest, they never did, left voicemail messages with them for a couple of days the week after, no reply so just thought fuck em, itā€™s their loss.

Still have to see the bank, and see if theyā€™ll give me money for a van for bike stuff, be nice if they did, Iā€™d be able to do three days a week at it, or try to get three days work somewhere, Iā€™m guessing Iā€™ll be a bad risk with zero hours contract and all that, even with my costed business plan.

Thanks for all the positivity people, much appreciated

Had the kids and grandkids round the house at the weekend, the eldest two lads are quite intelligent, one wants to go into engineering, one sports science. the grand daughter on the other hand answered a question on a quiz for the little ones. Name one of the seven dwarfs? she replied in all seriousness "Steve", she 12 years old !
I hope to god there's an available millionaire when she gets older

New jobs ok, not rocket science delivering the passenger ambulances to the depots, have clashed already with weā€™ll call him Ron ( thatā€™s his name) the bloke whoā€™s training me ( showing me where the depots are) heā€™s mid 60s loves the P word when describing the plumbers shop next door to the depot thatā€™s owned by Sikhs, also loves the P word when introducing me to Gary the gay receptionist, I called him out straight away, reply was Gary doesnā€™t mind being called that ( bet Gary does) also does the Bantz with all the females we deal with.
Did a couple of jobs on my own today, got told by a couple of females itā€™s best to ignore Ron and donā€™t encourage him, we do.
Think he gets away with it because heā€™s been friends with the company owner over 50 years.

Back