• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Right I'm sure everyone on the internet is on tenterhooks for updates on my feet, so to placate the masses, the news is that I seem to have recovered enough to make walking bearable.

I am happy at this but very daunted at the task that awaits me, I will be doing the 3 Peaks this weekend, 24 hours to do the 3 tallest mountains in Scotland, England and Wales. All for the excellent cause of raising money for sepsis.

Thats good news, you'll know within a couple of hours if they're gunna last the pace, good luck......wish I was doin it

That my youngest son has finally exchanged on the house purchase (& sale of his flat) after 4 months of aggravation with uncommunicative Managing Agents of the flat who wouldn't respond to queries, mortgage companies who kept finding additional questions to ask & buyers of the flat who decided to disappear on holiday without informing anyone.

Moves in next Friday with enough time to do the essential work before he & his partner marry on the 4th Oct (the property will need complete remodelling as hasn't been touched for 25 years)

How two little kittens can bring such fun and joy into the home. Sprout and Spud have brought lots of happiness and are such funny little characters. Love em to bits.

Unfortunately they shit for England and it smells.

Have a completely non PC bowls game this afternoon with the annual Men v Ladies Match (the men have won the last 4 by a considerable margin) with a barbeque after.

We have had to lend them 2 'honorary' women for the game (at least one of whom has said that he will wear a skirt for the occasion - don't know whether the other will as George is pretty deaf so probably didn't hear the question).

Will be a bit less intense than last nights game in the Men's County Cup playing against the top County Club Side who played a lot of their Premier Division team (we aren't at that level) - was a bit like AFC Wimbledon playing Liverpool in the FA Cup 3rd round - possibility of an upset, but most times they should win. We had a good game, but they always had the edge.

Love you mate, but you're coming over a bit Jimmy Saville there #notjealous

Dear Mike,

Please fix it for me to...anything cool.

I had a highly supervised wander around The Fleet Air Arm at Yeovilton. Very cool stuff in and out, F35s, Eurofighters, various helicopters. Couldn't get a loaner for the weekend, though.

I seem to be doing a half decent job taking SEN kids to school,as a thank you today I recieved a couple of boxes of expensive biscuits,bottle of wine and most surprising a hug off one of the kids,his mom says he doesn't give out many of those

I seem to be doing a half decent job taking SEN kids to school,as a thank you today I recieved a couple of boxes of expensive biscuits,bottle of wine and most surprising a hug off one of the kids,his mom says he doesn't give out many of those

The last bit is the most valuable - I know when I retired that the number of the pupils who were upset that I would not be there the next term was worth far more than the gifts I got

Met my prospective D-I-Laws parents for the first time yesterday (less than 11 weeks to go till the wedding).

No guarantee that it would go well, but we got on famously & even the seating plan was sorted without any dissension - bodes well for a joyous day on the 4th Oct.

Just seen the trailer for the sequel of one of the greatest rubbish films ever,top gun, top gun maverick is on its way and I'm stupidly excited that it's finally on its way,couple this to a new bill and Ted film getting made,and well yea stupid levels of excitement,if I found out there were new damned and half man half biscuit albums out,think I'd explode with joy.
I know I should get out more,I am the highest for a life on eBay at the moment,so fingers crossed

It's matchday.
It isn't raining.
Me rhubarb is coming along ( not to the match)

Back