• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Another top weekend up in Manchester. If you ignore the odd person who annoyed me (not Kenny, not this time) then pretty much everything went right :)

The bastard bearded man child at the concert. Prick of the weekend.

Closely followed by the person who decided to call their Chippy the ManCHIPster Plaice. That shite can piss off.

Rarely have I actually seen plaice on offer in a chippy so I'm going to assume it was also false advertising as well as poor punning.

The bastard bearded man child at the concert. Prick of the weekend.

Closely followed by the person who decided to call their Chippy the ManCHIPster Plaice. That shite can piss off.

Tell us about the man child. What was his high crime?

Tell us about the man child. What was his high crime?
Apart from acting like an 8 year old on a sugar high. Just general concert cuntitude of throwing beer cups at people in the crowd. He even managed to throw one so badly it hit his own mother (I only know it was his mum as he she started to bollock him and he went full 8 year old and tried to blame someone else....me!)

Rarely have I actually seen plaice on offer in a chippy so I'm going to assume it was also false advertising as well as poor punning.

Really???

Many chippies do Plaice. Pain in the arse though as you always have to wait for it to be cooked from fresh as it isn't exactly a massive seller.

It's generally just cod and haddock in all the regulars I've used as far as I recall (unless I just don't read menus properly when I go in)...and haddock is your "order when you walk in, not when you get to the counter" variant.

I'm going to start actively looking for chippies that sell plaice now...

Depends on the quality of the chippy. Haddock/Cod is the default but I've always found the better places always have a greater variety. Best chippy I've ever been to is in Anstruther in Fife and I always get Lemon Sole when I go there.

Depends on the quality of the chippy. Haddock/Cod is the default but I've always found the better places always have a greater variety. Best chippy I've ever been to is in Anstruther in Fife and I always get Lemon Sole when I go there.

I know you're new to the area, but you may have noticed we're quite some distance from the coast...

I know you're new to the area, but you may have noticed we're quite some distance from the coast...
Shouldn't make too much difference as long as you've got a good supplier. There's 2 chippies here about 100 yards from each other and the difference in quality couldn't be greater. Not too much difference in price either.

I always order a fresh fish as soon as I walk in. Can't stand batter that's been sitting on the hotplates and getting rock hard. You also get a choice of your batter thin, medium, or thick.

Happy and a little apprehensive... Tonight I will be playing 7-a-side for the first time in about 7 years, in my usual role as goalkeeper. It will be the first football I've played since having two ankle surgeries and I'm a little bit worried and excited!

Back