• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Happy to have completed Dry January! Total alcohol intake for the whole month was 4 pints, 2 glasses of wine and a couple of G&T's as it was my birthday mid-month so had a cheat day.
I feel good, have lost around 2.5kgs, sleeping really well (8.5hrs a night) and have saved extra money that can be spent on my wedding so all in all it was a rewarding experience.
I did Dryanuary (no alcohol consumed or cheat days allowed whatsoever) about 5 years ago. Sleep was much better, lost some weight and raised some cash for Charity.

so after the above, got the text to go fetch the tv. wandered in monday night, all set to debate with the shop staff what would happen next.
guy who served me was the fella who booked it in. he took the paperwork, looked at summat on the screen, clicked some buttons, then said to me "they haven't fixed it, saying it needs to go to the manufacturer. that's wrong, but not your fault, so I'm gonna swap it for you".

fucking result!

Hi I did the same with two vaccuum cleaners that failed to survive 6 months and they swapped them however, after swapping the second they pointed out that even though it was a new machine, because it was now 12 months from my original purchase the warranty was manufactuter only nothing to do with the shop? Fortunately it hasnt gone wrong

I had the same thing with a washing machine with a five year warranty. It broke beyond reasonable repair after about 3 years and they replaced it but only with a new one with a two year warranty to take me up to the original 5 warranted years. Thats worth reading in any small print or getting checked out I suppose!

A Leave voter posting a Rainbow shitting a unicorn. There's a joke to be made there...

giphy.gif

Not sure that this is the right thread as can't really say that I am happy or not, but 5 days now without a cigarette (& that's after smoking for 50 yrs!)

Using a Vape to cover the physical element a bit (& I am aware that the long term effect of that is unknown now, but then I'm 68 so by the time they find that that is a real problem I'll be too old to worry about it & from the information I can find is that this is still a hell of a lot better than actually smoking).

Did debate whether to reveal this on here or to my 'local' friends, but decided that I need others challenging me if I fall off the wagon (have tried to quit twice before & failed).

Physically I have found it doable - it's the mental association which causes the most difficult issues.

If I can do this this then will save a load though will no doubt find something else to spend it on.

Not sure that this is the right thread as can't really say that I am happy or not, but 5 days now without a cigarette (& that's after smoking for 50 yrs!)

Using a Vape to cover the physical element a bit (& I am aware that the long term effect of that is unknown now, but then I'm 68 so by the time they find that that is a real problem I'll be too old to worry about it & from the information I can find is that this is still a hell of a lot better than actually smoking).

Did debate whether to reveal this on here or to my 'local' friends, but decided that I need others challenging me if I fall off the wagon (have tried to quit twice before & failed).

Physically I have found it doable - it's the mental association which causes the most difficult issues.

If I can do this this then will save a load though will no doubt find something else to spend it on.

Good man, Peter. It will be hard but stick at it mate

Good stuff Peter, it will be hard but it can be done. My missus came off the smokes by using a Vape and so did her Mum, and they were proper heavy smokers.

The last contestant on the chase went through on her own with £70k. Got 20 in the individual round and pushed the chaser back 8 times to win it. Fabulous performance.

Got a free ticket to the Bolton vs Norwich game as being the driver for a supporters group.

Got a free ticket to the Bolton vs Norwich game as being the driver for a supporters group.

You should 'do the right thing' and donate it and then repost on the thread on what really makes you happy! Lol

I had a bloody good time what a shower of shite Bolton are

He'll be alright, he's a secured creditor.

His actual words.

Good game for a neutral! Saw the higlights, the stadium looked empty

It was very empty got talking to a Bolton fan before I went in and he says a lot of fans were boycotting. I have to say Norwich were really good and it could have easily been 6-0 at half time. Sammy Ameobi is really big in real life is all I took away from the shite show that is Bolton.

Back