• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

He actually had me siding with Captain Vegan and his nonsense football club. Takes some doing.

He actually had me siding with Captain Vegan and his nonsense football club. Takes some doing.
Don't look now; they're making a decent challenge to win promotion into League One.

After 19 years it's time to come home. Winning the lottery wouldn't come close to this. Happy days.

After 19 years it's time to come home. Winning the lottery wouldn't come close to this. Happy days.

That's awesome news! We celebrated(?) 7 years being here this past saturday too. How long till you Grace the pavements of Wolverhampton again?

That's awesome news! We celebrated(?) 7 years being here this past saturday too. How long till you Grace the pavements of Wolverhampton again?

That 7 years has gone quick don't ya think. Mind you, so have my 19 tbh. :icon_lol: not sure ' Grace ' is the word Ray, but I could be waltzing down Waterloo in about 3 weeks :) . I can't blinking well wait ' off to pastures new ' sure does feel nice :) . Off to start the next stage in me life with family and friends close by :)

That 7 years has gone quick don't ya think. Mind you, so have my 19 tbh. :icon_lol: not sure ' Grace ' is the word Ray, but I could be waltzing down Waterloo in about 3 weeks :) . I can't blinking well wait ' off to pastures new ' sure does feel nice :) . Off to start the next stage in me life with family and friends close by :)

So excited for you and your family!
Yup those 7 years have flown by from where we were to where we are now. I'm not saying it's been a bed of roses but for now the move was right for us at the time.
Who knows in 12 years time I may be saying the same thing!! :)

So excited for you and your family!
Yup those 7 years have flown by from where we were to where we are now. I'm not saying it's been a bed of roses but for now the move was right for us at the time.
Who knows in 12 years time I may be saying the same thing!! :)

You will no doubt be able to follow the adventures of PPB and her sister on Facebook :icon_lol:

Same here Ray, it hasn't all been a bed of roses, but for many many reasons I'm glad I was given the opportunity to live the kind of life we have had here. But, as we are much older now, we feel its time to come back home.

Who knows, your kids could marry Americans, you may have grandchildren born there, you may decide to retire there.I'll ask you in another 12 years how you feel :)

Last edited:
Had a call from my younger son yesterday to say that he has proposed to his girlfriend (clearly she said yes as he wouldn't have told me about otherwise!)

Really pleased for both of them - she is what he needs. Laid back enough to accept his foibles, but will 'poke' him when necessary which (and as his Dad I can say this) he needs at times.

Plus she's a good looking girl as well :icon_biggrin:

Asked him when the wedding would be & he suggested 2028 at which point there was a heavy thud of something being thrown - may well be a bit sooner than that :nod:

I would think 3 days in Texas would be welcome in February.

I guess it's still Texas, though...

I would think 3 days in Texas would be welcome in February.

I guess it's still Texas, though...

Ready to go home for sure. It's a bit warmer but really foggy in San Antonio. I'll take that over the 6" of rain we had back home
And Texas is a strange state for sure!

Back