• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

I got engaged in Paris yesterday, popped the question in the gardens in front of The Louvre.
Was a brilliant day, went for dinner in Montmartre, attended mass in Sacre Couers and then came back to the 15th for cocktails.

Today we did the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame , the Crypt and a cruise on the Seine. It's been a brilliant weekend,we have done loads!

that's awesome, many congrats!

I got engaged in Paris yesterday, popped the question in the gardens in front of The Louvre.
Was a brilliant day, went for dinner in Montmartre, attended mass in Sacre Couers and then came back to the 15th for cocktails.

Today we did the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame , the Crypt and a cruise on the Seine. It's been a brilliant weekend,we have done loads!

Awww that's really romantic. If I remember correctly Mr Penguin popped the question one night whilst in Asda.

Congratulations to you both :)

I popped the question on the platform at Cardiff station after we'd won a rather important game....

I popped the question on the platform at Cardiff station after we'd won a rather important game....

Thats nearly as romantic as me first husband, who popped the question on me moms front step after he'd won a rather important game of snooker....

Coach trip tomorrow. You know that feeling you used to get when younger the night before a trip. And wondering what you're gonna have in ya packed lunch, and hoping the coach stops if you want a wee!!

My happy news is nowhere near as great as DDWs(congratulations by the way)
Mine concerns the transgender passenger that has complained three times about my attitude towards them,this morning they were invited in for a meeting with my manager and the owner of the business,they've heard the complaints,sat down and reviewed the cctv they'd kept from all the incidents(it records sound as well as pictures) and ruled in my favour and banned them from travelling on the buses!
I then found out that the passenger had complained about other drivers as well,and the owner has thought enoughs enough,they can use alternative transport

Not sure happy is the right word, amazed would be better. There was a lot of police activity earlier today at a house just down the road from us. And it appears they have found that an upstairs room was being used for growing cannibis or whatever it is they grow. But now they are digging up the garden. Goodness knows what is going on.

Not sure happy is the right word, amazed would be better. There was a lot of police activity earlier today at a house just down the road from us. And it appears they have found that an upstairs room was being used for growing cannibis or whatever it is they grow. But now they are digging up the garden. Goodness knows what is going on.

You better cut that illicit feed from the grid quick then Frank!!!

Also congrats DDW - good place to do that

Made my only proposal at Blenheim Palace at the same spot Winston proposed - though not sure that the other half realised that

You better cut that illicit feed from the grid quick then Frank!!!

Also congrats DDW - good place to do that

Made my only proposal at Blenheim Palace at the same spot Winston proposed - though not sure that the other half realised that

I didn't realise we had drug barons in Hinckley...

I've just realised that the shit hit the fan and my marriage collapsed 3 years ago today.

Seems like an odd thing to feel happy about but I'm pleased how things have worked themselves out - I'm so much happier without her and have a totally different life now, and with the exception of only seeing my kids 50% of the time, all the changes are for the better.

Never would have thought I'd have typed this when it all kicked off but time truly is a great healer.

I've just realised that the shit hit the fan and my marriage collapsed 3 years ago today.

Seems like an odd thing to feel happy about but I'm pleased how things have worked themselves out - I'm so much happier without her and have a totally different life now, and with the exception of only seeing my kids 50% of the time, all the changes are for the better.

Never would have thought I'd have typed this when it all kicked off but time truly is a great healer.

Indeed time is not only a great healer, but also sometimes the only healer. I remember well you telling us in the modcave about your marital problems. I am very pleased at how things have turned out for you.

Indeed time is not only a great healer, but also sometimes the only healer. I remember well you telling us in the modcave about your marital problems. I am very pleased at how things have turned out for you.
Thank you David. It also helps that I'm enjoying a week off work and am typing this with a pint of Golden Glow in front of me!

Time is a healer although we may not believe this at the time. Glad that everything turned out ok,and although you may not see your two kids as much, you now do something for them that you didn't used to.... Dad now cooks them meals with which they eat up with gusto :)

Back