• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Lol. We had ours done last week as well. A 15 year old shitty boiler replaced with a super dooper new one. Toasty.

My Worcester Bosch combi boiler is now 10 years old. I had it fitted the same day I bought the Wii on release day. It's still going strong too (the boiler, not the Wii).

Got my new combi boiler fitted yesterday and my house is now warmer than the jet of air that would be blown in the direction of the Wolves XI if Deutsch and Johnny gave yesterday's half time team talks.

Never thought I'd see the day when I'd be really excited by boiler installation. Welcome to responsibilityville!

You've changed man! ;)

My Worcester Bosch combi boiler is now 10 years old. I had it fitted the same day I bought the Wii on release day. It's still going strong too (the boiler, not the Wii).

Yeah this one is a Worcester Bosch. And I emphasise the BOSCH. It's a supreme machine.

My boiler is ancient and I was thinking of getting a quote for a Combi, how much fitted roughly?

I got a new Creda Combi condensing boiler fitted for £1200 last year. I picked up the boiler for £750 (inc VAT)

Next question is, I've got a standard boiler at the moment, heats up a tank of water, there's only me and the missus at home nowadays, do combi's work out cheaper to run?

Next question is, I've got a standard boiler at the moment, heats up a tank of water, there's only me and the missus at home nowadays, do combi's work out cheaper to run?

Yep - much cheaper, to run after the initial outlay and much more efficient. I've got an 8 year warranty on it too so it wasn't cheap but I was hemorrhaging money in gas bills and 12 month cover plans so it'll be a worthwhile investment.

Much cheaper if there's only two of you, but depends how big your house is too.

If you google new boiler calculator I think the energy savings trust did a pay back calculator.

Far more efficient and will save you on your utlity bills.

I programmed the heating to come on at 5. By 5.03 the house was warm.

It normally takes until February to warm my house up. I could get used to this.

Just booked a few days in Berlin in February while the kids are away at a kayak training camp.

Present wise it sorts out Christmas and Valentine's in one hit which is a result.

Passed the practical side( being taught how to stand up in front of a class and teach)of my teach English as a foreign language course,bit of theory work left to do,but hopefully it'll be worth doing and help part fund my next bike ride,where I'm aiming to ride to Almaty in kazakstan from mid Wales via the Balkans and about 15 other countries!

Passed the practical side( being taught how to stand up in front of a class and teach)of my teach English as a foreign language course,bit of theory work left to do,but hopefully it'll be worth doing and help part fund my next bike ride,where I'm aiming to ride to Almaty in kazakstan from mid Wales via the Balkans and about 15 other countries!

Awesome. I loved my time as a TEFL teacher.

Well done :)

Thanks,and nice to see someone who thought it was worth doing,and enjoyed doing it,gives me hope that it's a couple of hundred quid well spent

On a different note, I've just bought a new gas cooker and a Dyson V6 with a combined saving of £380.

Back