• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Well done. They have just put mine up after a 12 month discount. I was wondering whether to ring them to see if there are any other offers going.
Mine went up after 12 months like yours, so I just rang and cancelled. Went through with it and 2 weeks after it went off, today, they rang with the offer.

That said, when I rang to cancel they offered 60% off straight away.

Yep. Ring up and cancel and you'll have offers within minutes/days.

Mine went up after 12 months like yours, so I just rang and cancelled. Went through with it and 2 weeks after it went off, today, they rang with the offer.

Thank you for that. I shall give them a call later.

If you have a Smartphone Frank, then download the "Sky Service" app and log in to your account.

When I rang and cancelled mine, I immediately loaded the app up and got a 60% offer through the app immediately. Of course if you get that on the phone then there's no need. But just in case you don't then that's another avenue to get a good discount offer.

I cancelled mine in the summer as I got a half price Virgin deal and was not offered any incentive to stay. After I'd switched they offered me 60% & then 75% off which was of no use as I'd already switched. The fuckers. Hopefully the 60% discount will still be there towards the end of my Virgin contract. I'd love to switch back. TiVo is shit.

I cancelled mine in the summer as I got a half price Virgin deal and was not offered any incentive to stay. After I'd switched they offered me 60% & then 75% off which was of no use as I'd already switched. The fuckers. Hopefully the 60% discount will still be there towards the end of my Virgin contract. I'd love to switch back. TiVo is shit.
I've got virgin for internet, you can always drop your virgin down to just internet and get sky TV - I can't be doing with Sky fibre it's pants.

If you have a Smartphone Frank, then download the "Sky Service" app and log in to your account.

When I rang and cancelled mine, I immediately loaded the app up and got a 60% offer through the app immediately. Of course if you get that on the phone then there's no need. But just in case you don't then that's another avenue to get a good discount offer.

Thank you. I have been out all afternoon, but will get it sorted sometime tomorrow.

I've got virgin for internet, you can always drop your virgin down to just internet and get sky TV - I can't be doing with Sky fibre it's pants.

Think I'm going to have to do this once my TalkTalk contract is up. Their internet is awful.

Think I'm going to have to do this once my TalkTalk contract is up. Their internet is awful.

Does your internet stop working every so often, resulting in a need to reboot your router?

I have Sky Fibre and haven't been that impressed, in the last month of my contract now so just waiting to see if Black Friday brings about any good deals before switching, probably to BT.

Yeah, and it's always fucking useless in the mornings.

I've been with BT for a couple of weeks and had to reset the router last night as the wifi didn't work on my laptop or xbox one. My phone and tablet seemed fine though! It was back to normal after I reset it.

Hoping it's not going to be a regular occurrence as the speed seems fine - better than Virgin Media anyway.

Yeah, I plan to switch the TV back to Sky when my contract's up and keep the Virgin broadband.

Our main phone point for the broadband router is tucked away downstairs (I live in a 3 story house with the living room on the 2nd floor) but as Virgin comes through the cable they were able to put our router next to the TV. I don't want to switch back to having the router downstairs where it struggles to get much of a signal all the way up to our bedroom on the 3rd floor.

I had to keep resetting the router with Sky too as we kept losing the signal every so often. When it comes to TV, their HD Boxes are FAR better than TiVo though.

Yeah, I plan to switch the TV back to Sky when my contract's up and keep the Virgin broadband.

Our main phone point for the broadband router is tucked away downstairs (I live in a 3 story house with the living room on the 2nd floor) but as Virgin comes through the cable they were able to put our router next to the TV. I don't want to switch back to having the router downstairs where it struggles to get much of a signal all the way up to our bedroom on the 3rd floor.

I had to keep resetting the router with Sky too as we kept losing the signal every so often. When it comes to TV, their HD Boxes are FAR better than TiVo though.

You can get wifi extenders that use the mains cable as a network connection. Been considering one of those as the Talk Talk wifi is shite.

Think this is the badger: - https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL...t_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=RJMTPEFAV8FAN3FVH5NY

You can get wifi extenders that use the mains cable as a network connection. Been considering one of those as the Talk Talk wifi is shite.

Think this is the badger: - https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL...t_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=RJMTPEFAV8FAN3FVH5NY

We've got a powerline adapter to our TV in the front room because it's in built wifi receiver was wank, works a treat, think you just had to hold a button on each unit when you first plug it in to get it setup and now can plug whatever you want into it.

Got 83% on my first assessment of third year! Have needed some cheering up!

Back