• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

After all these years, finding out who my Dad gave all his tools to ( all stamped with his name) and knowing they are being looked after :)

And a good one to end with, knowing in April where you will be going for Christmas lunch :)

See some of you in December, take care all :)

Having to work in Jersey again.

18bbb6d905440158fe33de60f899b04e.jpg

Got my work laptop today and it is a beaut - Lenovo X1 Carbon, the lightest, most durable laptop in the world.

http://shop.lenovo.com/ie/en/laptop...arbon&ef_id=Vw6NhAAAAXZ0sfnK:20160413181844:s

Been working with a crappy Chromebook for the last few weeks, and today our Tech guys hooked me up with this, at first I turned my nose up at it until I researched it and actually used it. It's spill-proof, made with carbon fibre, has touch screen capability and a battery life of up to 11 hours. Im extremely impressed with it so far.

Blimey that's really expensive for what you actually get inside it. £1200 is a lot for a machine without a dedicated GFX card.

I've been looking round at laptops at the minute and I can can get a 17 inch IPS screen, i5 Skylake processor, 8GB RAM, GT940 GFX card, backlit keyboard and a 128Gb SSD/1TB HD combo - All for around £800.

Still if you're not paying for it who cares!

Exactly, Bear. I was just given it to use so happy days.

So tonight everybody went for drinks after work for one of our managers leaving do, and I got talkking to my new boss, who is usuallyhard to track down.

Turns out he is a proper sessions head like myself, I mentioned we were going to the Forbiddenb Fruit festival in June to see Underworld, and he pulls out his phone to show me pics of hims and his wife at Underworld in Londons Roundhouse last month. Turns out he lived in San Fran and loves his electronica, like The orb, Orbital, Underworld etc...... he even told me him and his wife had their first dance at their wwedding to King of Snake........ amazing!

And while we were chinwagging he practically greenlighted me travelling to Krakow again in the next few weeks to deliveer training.

So Im pretty fuckin happy about my job at the moment!

My boys played in their first rugby tournament today (though we are supposed to call them festivals now).

One scored 5 trys and the other 3. Was a brilliant day.

My boys played in their first rugby tournament today (though we are supposed to call them festivals now).

One scored 5 trys and the other 3. Was a brilliant day.

Splendid news. As a matter of interest how old are your boys?

Splendid news. A a matter of interest how old are your boys?
Thanks Frank.

They are 6 and play for the U7s, nearly finished their second season of rugby - the first season is just all training though.

Very young then, I thought you were much older than that...

Seriously though, don't you think that rugby handles the development of youngsters much better than many other sports?

Very young then, I thought you were much older than that...

Seriously though, don't you think that rugby handles the development of youngsters much better than many other sports?

Ta! I feel a lot older than 37 anyway...

I don't have much experience of other sports at youth level (I played rugby too), but rugby union now is very good, light years ahead of when I played.

The emphasis is very much on enjoyment, there's no scoring, winners or anything. The kids love it, it's probably harder for the parent to get though... That said there is no tolerance of any shouting or abuse by parents at all.

The RFU kids first initiate explains it quite well:
http://www.englandrugby.com/my-rugby/players/kids-first-rugby/

Just back from 2 days in Hannover. Beautiful city, had a great time and will definitely be going back.

When you're annoyed that you haven't got any lunch with you and then somebody asks if you want anything from McDonalds. Big Mac time!

I'm well jel, tbh. Got a home-made sandwich today. There's no more boring a lunch than the one you bring in from home. Sigh...

Bring on tomorrow - fish and chip day in the canteen!!

Back