• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Ok not sure where to put this, I'm a bit drunk (which is happy thread) but got football training in an hour (annoyed thread)

Having a head count at work, looking for 60 volunteers, I may be taking early retirement, watch this space.
:icon_wink:

Having taken the decision to retire at the end of the year am looking forward to it now. Not that I'm counting, but its 34 working days left :icon_smile:

In the finances are OK for after then go for it - we are only here once (unless you believe in reincarnation) so may as well have time to do what you want

Having taken the decision to retire at the end of the year am looking forward to it now. Not that I'm counting, but its 34 working days left :icon_smile:

In the finances are OK for after then go for it - we are only here once (unless you believe in reincarnation) so may as well have time to do what you want

Gonna ask HR for my figures next week, fingers are crossed.

October 10th 2015. Dewsbury/Jim weds his dream girl. I wish you continued happy bliss, and hope that in years to come,my fb newsfeed is still filled with your soppy shit ;)

Much love,happy thoughts, and congratulations to you both.

Being publicly acknowledged for the efforts & impact at work now that I am finishing work - could have just announced the fact, but it makes me happy to be appreciated.

Vis the item in yesterdays newsletter to all parents: -

Staffing update
Mr Peter xxxxxx has decided that he will be retiring at the end of this calendar year and will therefore be leaving the school at Christmas.
As the school’s business manager for the past seven years, Mr xxxxxx has worked with great expertise and commitment to ensure that the school’s finances have been well managed to provide the best outcomes for all our pupils. He has also worked closely with staff and governors to ensure that the school is well resourced, the school site is safe and that all the systems needed to run a school are regularly updated and used efficiently. During the last two years Mr xxxxxx has also taken a leading role in co-coordinating the building projects in school and ensuring that the work has been completed to a high standard. Many staff members, governors and parents have come to rely on the advice and information that Mr xxxxxx is able to provide and I know that he will be greatly missed.
On behalf of the school community I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr xxxxxx for all he has done for the school and wish him a happy and fulfilling retirement.
We are currently advertising for a new school business manager to join the school in January.

I'm happy with the Christmas card I've made for the forum. :) :) :)

I'm allowed to start a Christmas thread on TWF on November 1st. I've asked :neer_neer:

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

True Movies has already become True Christmas :facepalm:

True Movies has already become True Christmas :facepalm:

Lovely in't it :) . I've already made 4 Christmas cards, been to a Christmas Tree display, watched Polar Express, The Bishops Wife, ate a mince pie, bought me crackers and 5 presents :)

I'm allowed to start a Christmas thread on TWF on November 1st. I've asked :neer_neer:

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

96eb6118270868756c246ff3d7ffa988f3381d472bd528e051a1274b5ad52b51_1.jpg

On Friday whilst driving in a queue of cars along a main road past a fairly busy side road, a car driven by a Polish woman drove out of the side road and smashed into the side of my car.
Pushed the rear passenger door in, destroyed the wheel arch, smashed the big plastic bumper and made shit of the rear quarter panel.
It upset Susie who was watching a DVD at the time and pissed me right off.
"I never saw you", said the shaken driver, "you were hidden by the windscreen pillar, and the colour of your car (Brown) merged with the background (Green)"...
I reported it on Friday to my insurance company.
I rang them again today, they suggested I contact her Ins Co., so I did, described the damage and sent to them a load of photos of the crash site, the crashed cars etc.
They contacted a damage assessor who came round this afternoon and told me, "...it's almost certainly a write off"
Turns out the suspension is smacked out of line also.
Cheque will be issued tomorrow. Happy Days!

Unbelievable result! Got it sorted all before lunch.
Never really liked that car. (Citroen C3 XTR 1.4 Petrol (Sports version, change gear by paddles on steering wheel and auto/manual gearbox))
Go and get a decent little hatchback now.

Anyone got any preferred cars?
Around 1.4, 1.6 max
Diesel. (Much cheaper in Ireland to run - €1.19 litre vs €1.33 litre of petrol)
Hatchback
around £3,000?

Doesn't really match any of your criteria but I could do you a decent price on a 1.2T Renault Clio. ;)

On Friday whilst driving in a queue of cars along a main road past a fairly busy side road, a car driven by a Polish woman drove out of the side road and smashed into the side of my car.
Pushed the rear passenger door in, destroyed the wheel arch, smashed the big plastic bumper and made shit of the rear quarter panel.
It upset Susie who was watching a DVD at the time and pissed me right off.
"I never saw you", said the shaken driver, "you were hidden by the windscreen pillar, and the colour of your car (Brown) merged with the background (Green)"...
I reported it on Friday to my insurance company.
I rang them again today, they suggested I contact her Ins Co., so I did, described the damage and sent to them a load of photos of the crash site, the crashed cars etc.
They contacted a damage assessor who came round this afternoon and told me, "...it's almost certainly a write off"
Turns out the suspension is smacked out of line also.
Cheque will be issued tomorrow. Happy Days!

Unbelievable result! Got it sorted all before lunch.
Never really liked that car. (Citroen C3 XTR 1.4 Petrol (Sports version, change gear by paddles on steering wheel and auto/manual gearbox))
Go and get a decent little hatchback now.

Anyone got any preferred cars?
Around 1.4, 1.6 max
Diesel. (Much cheaper in Ireland to run - €1.19 litre vs €1.33 litre of petrol)
Hatchback
around £3,000?
VW?

Staffing update
Mr Peter xxxxxx has decided that he will be retiring at the end of this calendar year and will therefore be leaving the school at Christmas.
As the school’s business manager for the past seven years, Mr xxxxxx has worked with great expertise and commitment to ensure that the school’s finances have been well managed to provide the best outcomes for all our pupils. He has also worked closely with staff and governors to ensure that the school is well resourced, the school site is safe and that all the systems needed to run a school are regularly updated and used efficiently. During the last two years Mr xxxxxx has also taken a leading role in co-coordinating the building projects in school and ensuring that the work has been completed to a high standard. Many staff members, governors and parents have come to rely on the advice and information that Mr xxxxxx is able to provide and I know that he will be greatly missed.
On behalf of the school community I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr xxxxxx for all he has done for the school and wish him a happy and fulfilling retirement.
We are currently advertising for a new school business manager to join the school in January.

Your name is Peter xxxxxx ??? That is so cool :)

Just booked to see Derren Brown at the Grand again next April.

So brilliant last year......

Going to Florida again in February, only this time will be going to the Daytona 500. Excited, I may well have just dribbled :)

Back