• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Work are sending me to Krakow for a week, to help with the launch of the new program which Im currently part of. Got the details today.

Business class flights, accommodation in an apartment, daily spending allowance!

I've never been sent anywhere foreign for work before, long may it last!

When are you going? Have fun DDW.

When are you going? Have fun DDW.

Early November, so it will be cold!

Will be working from the office there for the week, helping the team with the tools, the process and advising on strategies for campaigns etc. Really excited about it, hopefully it's a bridge crossed in my career. I always wanted to travel with work. And today, I had the head of Google Global Cust Service shadow me for half an hour, hes flown over from California for this launch, that was nerve wracking!

Listening to native speakers of other languages (in this case, Chinese) converse.

Home broadband provider switch due today. BT clearly cut their link very early this morning so new kit attached & new link alive instantaneously which is not always a certainty with these arrangements.

Result & a £20 monthly saving to boot.

PPB - ' I've ordered us a Father Christmas quilt for our bed '

Mr Penguin ' Oh ffs '

PPB - 'It was only $44, for a king size aswell, they had one with Christmas trees on aswell '

Mr Penguin - 'Oh well, for that price get the two '

:icon_lol: A win.

Disguised security in the Tescos in Brum city centre. Dressed like normal folk, with shopping baskets and everything. Then - *wham* - into full on security mode, talking into their sleeves 'on the left - denim jacket - brown hair - GO' and they were off.

Grabbed a bloke just as he was about to walk out of the door. He didn't have a clue what was happening - a surprise attack from each side, a bit like the raptors in Jurassic Park. Not today, sunshine.

Fucking awesome. So I stayed an extra 5 minutes and bought some extra stuff. Best marketing ploy I've ever seen.

What was the bloke doing then? Shoplifting?

Pre- season is over, Penguins return to the ice tonight for the start of the season :)

Happy that we have something decent to watch on the tele again :)

My step dad has finally, finally got his app come through to fix his blocked arteries and hopefully won't be in pain anymore. He's only been waiting since April ffs.

Good news.

I didn't realise there was an app for that.

When you moan to Mr Penguin about food shopping and he says ' Start sending me an email with a list of what you want every Friday afternoon and i'll go and do it, I don't mind'

:Victory: got out of that then :)

Having a head count at work, looking for 60 volunteers, I may be taking early retirement, watch this space.
:icon_wink:

Back