• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

It's something that has no real solution in my eyes, no matter when you set the cut off or give a window of flexibility to there's always going to be someone just outside of the boundaries feeling aggrieved.

From personal experience I can't really say that I've noticed the relative age difference have any real bearing, I was one of the youngest at my Primary school I think, certainly the youngest of my friends who all fall Sept-Dec whereas I'm late April, the eldest of us had shocking handwriting at the start of Primary school and even now 20+ years later it's still almost identically bad! When I got to secondary school there were more kids younger than me in the year but one of them got some of the best GCSE/A level grades in our year group and now has a decent job on the back of his degree.

I don't remember thinking much about the age gap during school actually so perhaps it's more of a thing for the parents to concern themselves with, perhaps unnecessarily at times, rather than anything that's going to worry the kids themselves. Even then there was a kid in our year who was the youngest he could possibly be, 31st August, and another lad we met playing football from another school the eldest possible, 1st September, and it didn't make the slightest bit of difference, neither had any application in school and neither have gone on to do anything of note since either. I think there are far more important factors in determining the success of someone's education than when in the year they were born personally.

I am unnaturally angry about everything as I get used to it but I will succeed.

Go on Paddy! The first couple of weeks are the toughest as that's the physical addiction kicking in. Ride it out man!

I feel like chewing the walls, and why is it that EVERYONE I seem to see in the street has a cigarette on the go??

Good points - micro says my car smells better. Oh - and I could really TASTE the difference as I seasoned last night's meal.

When I was quitting, everytime I thought about doin something, I pictured myself doing it with a fag in my hand! Then I would dream about smoking ALL THE TIME...

All of that goes after a few weeks as the physical addiction wears off. It becomes more habitual/mental at that point, so find yourself something to occupy yourself in those crucial moments (after food, stuck in traffic etc).

NEVER be tempted to have "just one" to take the edge off - and nicotine replacements (patches, e-cigs, gum) don't work in getting you premanently off the fags. You have to quit cold turkey with a hell of a lot of will power. If deep down you don't think you're going to do it, or there's still a bit of you that doesn't want to give up then you'll inevitably fold.

Drinking used to be the hardest for me. I would find myself drinking twice as fast as everyone else! Then the smoking ban kicked in the same year I quit, which I thought would help, but all of my mates still smoked so all would spend half their time outside. I would be sat inside on my own for vast periods of the night!

Good luck matey!

Boredom/those spare moments are the worst to deal with - especially the moments when everyone else lights up. Those silences can be difficult.
The key is to do something to take your mind off those habitual ones (eg at the bus stop, after a meal and so on).
Once you get to a week, you'll know you can do it!

That Tuesday next week will see me go below 50 working days left before I retire.

May well be a state of mind having decided to go, but cannot wait now - the petty irritations & office politics have been doing my head in this week.

Steeler Season is back.

Now all we need to do is try to win a couple!

Antonio Brown's haircut is ridiculous. It looks like he's got a lego head.

What has poor Ellie done to upset you PPB? ;)

She opened up the NFL season for one! She's not my cup of tea for 2, she supports Chelsea for 3, and she states ' Don't really know much about it but its like the equivalent to British football ' It's nothing like British football ya bloody saft twat.

Back