• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Don't put yourself down mate, I've got through many a toilet roll looking at the pictures of you during Movember !

The above post by Paul. It was in the annoy thread.
It's made me smile this afternoon, an afternoon pretty bereft of happy things.

Meh, so I'm £10 down. The fiver I had on you messing up the wallpaper will recoup my losses.

Ah... but what about the hand made timber mantle that I've hand carved and sanded and oiled.... That'll look terrific!
How much did you put on that looking deadly?

Ah... but what about the hand made timber mantle that I've hand carved and sanded and oiled.... That'll look terrific!
How much did you put on that looking deadly?

Oh, no, based on no evidence whatsoever, I have total faith in your carpentry skills. I just reckon you'll end up like a a character from '70s sitcom when it comes to the wallpaper.

Oh, no, based on no evidence whatsoever, I have total faith in your carpentry skills. I just reckon you'll end up like a a character from '70s sitcom when it comes to the wallpaper.

Yep, my money was on the wallpaper the minute you said, "the plumber" SLA.

Wolfie please get the wife to video it, pretty please.

You can all fuck off.
The lot of you!
You're all just taking the piss!

But if it works out like it should, I will take a photo when it's done.
I'm ok at papering walls, but I struugle at papering ceilings, sop I haven't done that for about 30 years!

Hello Pav!
How are you doing mate?
What are you up to?
We need to know about your standard of living, any wimmin and any business enterprises you've got going.

You can all fuck off.
The lot of you!
You're all just taking the piss!

But if it works out like it should, I will take a photo when it's done.
I'm ok at papering walls, but I struugle at papering ceilings, sop I haven't done that for about 30 years!

No-one does that anymore anyway. Two coats of white. Sorted.

I was thinking that!
We have redecorated three of our rooms now, and we've gone nowhere near any wallpaper at all. The fad of the "feature wall" has passed us by, thankfully. It's all about the white walls and coloured accessories....

I was thinking that!
We have redecorated three of our rooms now, and we've gone nowhere near any wallpaper at all. The fad of the "feature wall" has passed us by, thankfully. It's all about the white walls and coloured accessories....

We've just done a tomato red feature wall in our living room. Looks ace!

I've got a feature wall in my room, it's perhaps a little 'louder' than I'd opt for now but it's there and it took me a long time to do so it's staying put for now. I imagine i'd go white pretty much throughout when I get my own place.

Differenent coloured walls are ok, I suppose, but a heavily patterened wallpapered feature already looks really dated. Not for me. Plus, we have pretty small rooms in our house and a feature wall would probably close in the already limited space.

Having bought an ex-rental, everywhere is/was magnolia. Exceptions being a wallpapered shower room, a tiled toilet, and bizarrely a totally tiled garage.
Haven't decorated any room yet. Approaching the 12 month mark. The initial plan was to spend a year there & then decide after all seasons which room(s) are used most, which need to be light, warm colours etc.
2 Rooms I've decided won't get decorated, as they're fine, plus there's too much stuff to move to allow decorating, but also there's so much colour in there (books, records, cd's, posters etc) that the neutral magnolia is best left alone.

I guess that some point from June onwards I'll start thinking about decorating.

:)

In some ways, it works really well. Easy to clean. The tiles are white, so it reflects light. Not having exposed brickwork protects things like the car from getting scratched. It's also great for doing jobs in there (such as varnishing a door) as it's easy to clean after, plus as mention, loads of light.

:)

In some ways, it works really well. Easy to clean. The tiles are white, so it reflects light. Not having exposed brickwork protects things like the gurney from getting scratched. It's also great for doing jobs in there (such as dismembering a body) as it's easy to clean after, plus as mention, loads of light.

:yikes:

Sitting on the patio in the evening sun with a glass of wine after a good days work when I managed to sort 2 issues that had been bugging me for a couple of weeks, and having a laugh at the cat as she tries to stalk birds at the end of the garden & failing miserably.

The look of frustration on her face is priceless.

Sounds very nice PLF

Back