• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Happy that today is my last day of work til Monday as me and the missus are off to Waterford for a few days, got ourselves booked infor 3 course meals etc, massages, jacuzzi sessions etc. Looking forward to de-stressing

Todays been bostin, then coming home to a message from someone you haven't heard from since you were 18. Blimey!

Play off hockey begins tonight. Got the willies.

My daughter got a place at our first choice primary school - so both my kids will be at the same school. It was always about 95% likely she'd get in but still nice to get confirmation.

My daughter got a place at our first choice primary school - so both my kids will be at the same school. It was always about 95% likely she'd get in but still nice to get confirmation.

They are growing up fast Langers. Hope she enjoys her first Wolves match :). I can remember mine like it was yesterday .

They are growing up fast Langers. Hope she enjoys her first Wolves match :). I can remember mine like it was yesterday .

Yeah I hope so too - no Western pre-match this time because I think she'd struggle to walk the distance from pub to ground. Going to have to pack a bag with emergency distractions just in case she gets bored of the game!

Yeah, I remember my first game. It was Sunderland away (1989 I think?) Andy Mutch scored and we drew 1-1. I was in the home end as my Dad is a Sunderland fan. I'm not sure how pleased he was when I cheered the Wolves goal though, I think he still hoped I'd be a Sunderland fan!

Here's hoping for a good game Langers, and your daughter gets hooked.

Not sure when my first game was, think it's between these 3...

Wolves v Sheffield United, can't remember anything about the game at all other than it being at Molineux and I went with my uncle, might still have the ticket at home so i'll look later. Pretty sure this was a night game too actually.
Walsall v Wolves, think this was in the times of the big Wolves head tops as i'm pretty sure I went in the matching keeper top, think Robbie Keane played, would've been with my dad and uncle.
Preston v Walsall, again with my dad and uncle, Preston had got two of their new stands built but the other two were still dogshit, we stood in one of them, think Preston won.

Last edited:
We didn't play Walsall in the league until August 1999 so it must be a friendly you went to if we were wearing those shirts.

We didn't play Walsall in the league until August 1999 so it must be a friendly you went to if we were wearing those shirts.

No idea, seem to recall I was wearing that keeper top but nothing to say it was the current top at the time, that and Robbie Keane are about the only clues I've got for that one.

Thinking about it I can't really remember anything for definite until the ill fated Dave Jones PL season, went to the Leicester 4-3 game, home against Fulham and the West Ham cup game but anything before then is very vague.

Actually that's a bit of a lie, I can remember going to two matches in London with my dad too, both happened to feature Sheffield Wednesday, they lost 1-0 to Chelsea thanks to a Frank Lebouef penalty and saw them play at Selhurst Park too but fairly certain they were playing Wimbledon rather than Palace.

Last edited:
First game was friendly against Liverpool. We lost 3-0, and I'm pretty sure one of the goals fell apart at one point

No idea, seem to recall I was wearing that keeper top but nothing to say it was the current top at the time, that and Robbie Keane are about the only clues I've got for that one.

Thinking about it I can't really remember anything for definite until the ill fated Dave Jones PL season, went to the Leicester 4-3 game, home against Fulham and the West Ham cup game but anything before then is very vague.

Actually that's a bit of a lie, I can remember going to two matches in London with my dad too, both happened to feature Sheffield Wednesday, they lost 1-0 to Chelsea thanks to a Frank Lebouef penalty and saw them play at Selhurst Park too but fairly certain they were playing Wimbledon rather than Palace.

Keano was gone by the time we played that league game in 99. He scored vs City and Pompey at the start of that season and then he got sold.

Keano was gone by the time we played that league game in 99. He scored vs City and Pompey at the start of that season and then he got sold.

Must have just been a friendly then, unless I was wrong about Keane, not really got a lot to work with on any of those to be fair, can't remember anyone scoring or anything. I know I had the keepers top on at Bescot, can remember being with my uncle in the dark sat in the upper tier of one of the sides at Molineux against Sheff Utd and remember standing in that rancid old stand at Preston with 2 nice new stands across from us, think that was a side stand as well, Walsall fans refused to give the ball back at one point I think.

I've got all the key moments down to a tee!

Can't remember anything useful from that Wimbledon v Wednesday game either, pretty sure it was in the Di Canio, Carbone, etc. era but might just be dragging those memories across from the Chelsea game, that's the only one I've got anything solid on really.

First game was friendly against Liverpool. We lost 3-0, and I'm pretty sure one of the goals fell apart at one point

My first game was Bolton away, 1977, May... Beat them 1-0 (Thanks Kenny H) and denied them any chance of promotion. Happy Days but it was like the Alamo at times. Was taken along by my best mate at school and his two brothers, all Bolton fans...The car journey home was a bit quiet ;)

My first game was Bolton away, 1977, May... Beat them 1-0 (Thanks Kenny H) and denied them any chance of promotion. Happy Days but it was like the Alamo at times. Was taken along by my best mate at school and his two brothers, all Bolton fans...The car journey home was a bit quiet ;)

Oooo, I've found the highlights...

Reading at home for me, September 88. Won 2-1, Billy Whitehurst for them, Phil Chard (pen) and Robbie Dennison for us. Sat about 40 yards from the near touchline in the bizarrely red seated John Ireland stand.

Back