• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Mine was also in the red seated, newly open, bizarrely far away & almost empty john ireland stand. I've always thought it was against Gillingham & we lost 2-0. There were some fans outside the ground, as the north bank & waterloo road stands were in serious disrepair. Partway through the game a square of police formed in the delapidated north bank & a load of about 100-200 fans were allowed to stand in the middle of the square of police. Cue chants of "we're back in the north bank".

I'm sure I've been advised on here it wasn't gillingham though.

Have little recollection of my first visit in 1959 apart from the level of noise (though clearly had a lasting impression)

First real memory is a 3 - 0 win over West Ham in 1972 & a memorable 2 - 0 away win at Stamford Bridge in 1973 when I was in the Chelsea Shed end as couldn't get a ticket anywhere else.

Suffice to say that I didn't wear any colours to that match

First game I proper remember was the Aldershot play off game at home, we lost 2-0.
I remember standing on an old milk crate up against the barriers in the Old South Bank!

Just booked a flight for my sister to come visit us here in the States, happy days! :)

Had a great day at Birmingham's Spring Market (which also distracted me from the Wolves match). Had a burger from the Original Patty Men and it was so good, well worth the massive queue. The only downside was that there were plenty of vendors whose food I wanted but couldn't fit in!

I went all out and had 'Big Vern's Krispy Ring' (the one with the Krispy Kreme bun). The burger itself was amazing but if I had one of their burgers again I'd go for one of their standard brioche bun ones.

I went for the Krispy ring too, I'd tried one of their more standard burgers last time, actually thought it was great with the donut even though it was pretty messy.

Was great weather for it down there today though, thankfully we went early so we managed to get some food without too much waiting around. They were queueing just to get in the place when we left.

We left with a big box of cakes too so plenty more mess to be made this evening and tomorrow.

Yeah, when we left the queue to get in was half way down the street! Glad we got there pretty early but there was still a massive wait for the Patty Men.

I also sampled some pizza from Fire and Slice, a waffle from the Bourneville Waffle Company and had a massive slab of cake from the Cake Doctor. We're definitely going back for the Summer Market in July.

We had pizza and waffles too! We had all our cakes from the places inside rather than the doctor though.

I think it's a really good setting when the weather is right.

Yeah, when we left the queue to get in was half way down the street! Glad we got there pretty early but there was still a massive wait for the Patty Men.

I also sampled some pizza from Fire and Slice, a waffle from the Bourneville Waffle Company and had a massive slab of cake from the Cake Doctor. We're definitely going back for the Summer Market in July.
:icon_Yellow-Card:
There's no "e" in the middle.

x0OpVJV.png

That's amazing! Shirts fit alright?

polo fits well but the jersey makes me a bit of a sausage!

also, that mug is friggin huge. not that I'm complaining, I LOVE big mugs. don't think it'll fit on my USB warmer though.

My first game was Charlton at home. 1967 ish. 2-0 I think but I don't remember much about it.
My second was Spurs at home. I remember standing on a box in the South Bank because I couldn't see otherwise. I know we won.

My favourite old memories are the European games in the early 70's. What great nights they were.
Juventas at Molineux. Doug & Richards tearing foreign defences apart.

The floodlights failing one night for quite a time.
Pre match drinks in the Combermere. Drinks in the Chestnut at Finchfield with Fozzy after the games. (He won't remember the Pattingham lads!)

Just great times.

Amazing gutsy performance from my sons footy team this morning. He kept a clean sheet, we scored two and hit the woodwork about 25 times and against a really good team. So proud. Shame the team will probably fold this year and we will have to move onto pastures new but we have had a fantastic 4 years watching the kids develop in skills, confidence and comradeship.

Why will have to fold? It seems such a shame. Can't the manager keep the lads together?

Back