• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Eyedrops!!!

My left eye has been twitching for well over a month, just assumed it was stress / tiredness. Randomly bought some eyedrops at the petrol station this morning and its gone :) :) :)

me and my wifes cellphones were repaired from waterdamages and are working fine now again! :D happy days!!

Yeh, Parkin, thanks for reminding me you're about to have 18 months of my holiday allocation in one go :(

Yes, but I only work 40 weeks a year and get paid for that + usual holiday. Don't get paid for the other weeks

Anyway am still in & out at times during the school hols (just about to leave for a site meeting with the builders) just a lot less hassle when there's no kids or other staff getting in the way.
A lot of people assume I only work 9 months a year too. Even my parents!
People seem to forget a lot of stuff still needs doing in preparation for the next term/year. This is the ideal time to do it, as you get much less interruptions.

A lot of people assume I only work 9 months a year too. Even my parents!
People seem to forget a lot of stuff still needs doing in preparation for the next term/year. This is the ideal time to do it, as you get much less interruptions.

You're in a minority of teachers then...

Just booked the day off on August 19th. Taking the kids to Chester Zoo. Haven't been since I was a kid (I was born in Chester but moved away when I was 4) and I think I'm more excited about it than my offspring are.

Good for a cheeky ale as well.

Just booked the day off on August 19th. Taking the kids to Chester Zoo. Haven't been since I was a kid (I was born in Chester but moved away when I was 4) and I think I'm more excited about it than my offspring are.
I love going to the zoo. But only if its a good zoo, where the animals look happy not sad or depressed and they dont have bald patches of fur from constantly rubbing against things from boredom. Chester's a good zoo, or it was years ago when I last went.

I love going to the zoo. But only if its a good zoo, where the animals look happy not sad or depressed and they dont have bald patches of fur from constantly rubbing against things from boredom. Chester's a good zoo, or it was years ago when I last went.

It's even better now, apparently. I read that it's supposedly rated higher than San Diego zoo these days (not that I've been there). It's in the top 15 zoos in the world so I'm assuming it's decent.

The Monkey enclosure, nice little micro brewery the Chimps have set up

Fine by me. This is lovely stuff.

Blue_monkey_brewery_logo.jpg

My new algae eaters.

Won a puzzle competition in the paper :)

Myself, PLF & Machin all work in the education sector. None of us are teachers. We all have proper jobs!

Any teachers post here?

Ah fair enough, my apologies.

I'm an ex-teacher, hence my skepticism at the claims usually spouted this time of year about 'being busy planning lessons, doing schemes of work, etc, etc'

Ha!
In my experience, teachers are either amazing dedicated brilliant people, or I wonder how they manage to dress themselves, they're so incompetent.
I work with the at risk kids/young people, disabled students and so on.
I do get a fair bit of leeway this time of year, as they don't want me taking my pittance of annual leave during term time.
Still busy though, bursaries to set up, care plans etc to sort, build up to enrolment etc.

Epipen = tick.
Insect repellent -tick
Suncream- tick
After bite stick - tick
Throw a way bbq's - tick

How much trouble can 3 women and a dog get up to in the hills !!

Should be fun :)

Just splurged £130 on travel/hotel for the Blackburn game on the 30th of August. Can't fookin wait.

Back