• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Mr Penguin's coming home :)

Which is good news cos I've had no one to pester, annoy, tease , or play jokes on all week.

Finally getting a win in the bowls club triples league. Only by 1 point on the last end (having been 3 behind when we started that end - and those who have played bowls will know what that means)

Then coming home & looking at the WC scores to see that I have picked up more than useful points in the TWF prediction league.

A good evening so far.
Do you play crown green, or flat green Parkin?

When my Mum and Dad were alive, I used to be a member of Knutsford Crown Green Bowling Club.
Loved it.
I loved the game and I was quite good at it too. But I loved the whole strategy of it. Sending a ball out with the bias on the slope and watching it go out wide then come arcing in past the rest to sit on the back of the jack. Loved all of that stuff.

Finally sorted out a two week holiday around Italy with the girlfriend!

Two weeks of accommodation, flights and all of the trains between cities for just over £350!

Five weeks to go!

Never played flat green. Always wanted to give it a try though.

I play crown green. There was a thread titled "what do you play" or something. I put a lot up there on bowls a while ago.
Played since I was a kid. Been "encouraged" to take on the captaincy this year. Love it. Struggle to imagine life without it sometimes. Remember a friend came to watch once. On the car journey home I mentioned they were quiet. They went onto a long rambling mad one about how intense & passionate I was when playing bowls!

Never played flat green. Always wanted to give it a try though.

I'm somewhat of a novice still as only started last year, then lost half of that season after an operation on my hand. Getting more into it now & there is visible improvement so am happy.

Not sure that I will ever get as obsessive as some in the club who seem to spend most of their time there.

I don't believe/agree with how obsessive people get about it, but each to their own. I do still love playing, but limit myself to twice a week.
I'd love to have a go at flat green some time. Perhaps tied in with a holiday at some point. I wonder how different it is to what I'm used to.

Tend to only play once (sometimes twice) a week and a lot of the matches tend to be when I am at work (& I haven't reached a standard where I am likely to get selection for the main Dorset league or cup matches anyway).

Will get chances in the Friendlies & Wessex League (more of a social rather than competitive) this season & will put my name down for those during August when I will not be at work much.

LJ - If a holiday ever brings you in this direction would be happy to host you & give you a taste of this format.

Wheels are in motion for a nurses & carers get together where I used to work. Hope it comes off as they were a fantastic bunch of ladies to work with and much fun was had during those years which I remember fondly.

Today is the Beer Ping Pong Competition in our street :)

I can just imagine the look of disappointment when you open a parcel with a Wayne Rooney Air Freshener and an Egg Cup inside.....

LJ - If a holiday ever brings you in this direction would be happy to host you & give you a taste of this format.
Lovely & appreciated offer mate! I thank you for it.
Unlikely to be this year, but perchance I may venture nearby next summer I hope!

I can just imagine the look of disappointment when you open a parcel with a Wayne Rooney Air Freshener and an Egg Cup inside.....

Wayne fucking Rooney !!!!!

Is he the bloody boobie prize. Kenny, if I win him, save ya postage :icon_lol:

Wayne fucking Rooney !!!!!

Is he the bloody boobie prize. Kenny, if I win him, save ya postage :icon_lol:

Oh the postage would be worth it just for the reaction......(sadly though there isn't a Rooney Air Freshener)

A Wayne Rooney car bobble head would be hideous/awesome in equal measure.

Back