• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Found a bar in the back of beyond to watch the hockey game :)

Ktec, will have a listen to the link when I get back home :)

Having a good afternoon in the kitchen making a nice Easter meal for the squeeze.

Scallops and Pork belly with a marsala sauce and a fricasee of porcini, followed by Coq au Vin with mustard mash.

Om nom nom

Hope you are having a lovely time and the rain has held off. You missed a cracking game yesterday. First time I ever saw ten goals in a Wolves game ! I was there in 1975 when we beat Chelsea 7-1 and I think that was the previous highest scoring Wolves game ?

As for my username, there was a little-known band called Strangefish a few years back, who were together for years, then finally made a couple of albums that sadly didn't get anywhere. Anyway I loved them both and a track off their second album (Fortune Telling), was called 'Keep The Exits Clear'. But it's so obscure I can't even send you a You Tube link !!

Hopefully your curiosity will help you to track it down ?

Hi Ian, thanks for that ! Much appreciated. Not seen reverbnation.com before so thanks for that too :)

Saved PPB a job too. Hope she likes it now after the trouble you went to :)

PPB, when you are completely bored, do me a favour and please play it all the way through.

Ta !

A wonderful time ktec, although a bit of an eye opener but I digress ! Well, I've not only listened, but listened all the way through. What a lovely track :). Can see why, and now understand why it is your username. Ashamed to say I had never heard of Strangefish, or of their albums or songs, so thanks for sharing :)

Also thanks to TSB for the link.

Having been previously annoyed on the other thread, I'm happy that I can end up on this one. Sunday is scales day. Another 4lb gone. Slowly but surely, slowly but surely :)

Who needs chocolate anyway !

Glad you enjoyed it. I think we all have bands that we like that no-one else has heard of and it's annoying that they are not as successful as we would like them to be but....such is life !!
Like Strangefish, maybe you can give me a couple of examples ?

As for 'Who needs Chocolate anyway ?" I thought you would have scoffed all of your Easter Eggs by now ? :)

Glad you enjoyed it. I think we all have bands that we like that no-one else has heard of and it's annoying that they are not as successful as we would like them to be but....such is life !!
Like Strangefish, maybe you can give me a couple of examples ?

As for 'Who needs Chocolate anyway ?" I thought you would have scoffed all of your Easter Eggs by now ? :)

You obviously really liked this band, did you ever see them live? I'm still stuck in the 70's, 80's and early 90's with Joe Jackson, Blondie, The Alarm, and Marillion ! The music thread on here leaves me scratching my head at times as I have hardly heard of any of them. But, I'm ok with that. It would be a bloody boring existance if we all liked the same things in life.

As for Easter Eggs, I was bought one a couple of weeks ago, and am proud to say that as of this evening , it is still in the box. Go me !!! :Cheerleader:

In the past , Leeds United and Chelsea and their fans have always been high up there on my most disliked list.

After these past few days ,Chelsea, you win by fucking miles..

You obviously really liked this band, did you ever see them live? I'm still stuck in the 70's, 80's and early 90's with Joe Jackson, Blondie, The Alarm, and Marillion ! The music thread on here leaves me scratching my head at times as I have hardly heard of any of them. But, I'm ok with that. It would be a bloody boring existance if we all liked the same things in life. QUOTE

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah I love Strangefish. Saw them live four times. Twice as part of a mini-festival with about 800 people there. On their own there was probably no more than 100 people there for each gig. On their own little record label so marketing for the band was non-existent. As you love that 'Classic Rock' sound like me, try a band called Riverside from Poland, track called Conceiving You.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peDCmsJB1AA

Those artists you mentioned, when they came out I bought Steppin' Out by Joe Jackson, Picture This by Blondie and Garden Party by Marillion. Then I got Misplaced Childhood by Marillion and saw that tour, think it was in 1985. (A few years ago, I saw Fish with his band, in Stourbridge, performing the whole album again !) In 1989 I bought Seasons End and saw them at the Civic in Wolves with Steve Hogarth. Have you got some of their albums ?

I also love The Beatles (most underrated band ever !) The Who, Led Zep, early Genesis, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple
Radiohead, Riverside, Anathema.

By way of a change I also love Karl Jenkins music (He was in a band called Soft Machine in the early 70's), now he does classical stuff. Seeing him at The Birmingham Symphony Hall in November. You may have heard of The Armed Man ? I reckon you might appreciate this piece, it usually reduces me to a gibbering wreck !! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kTffgdNhNw

Not into Classical but will certainly have a listen to the link. The rest I will inbox you, just incase we get advised that we should be on the music thread with this !! :)

Another great day watching Wolves, lovely weather and got some pictures with Wolves players :)

A celebratory juicy Steak, onion ring, mushrooms and half a jacket tata, along with a bottle of finest red for dinner. Waited 11 weeks for this !!! :licklips:

You obviously really liked this band, did you ever see them live? I'm still stuck in the 70's, 80's and early 90's with Joe Jackson, Blondie, The Alarm, and Marillion ! The music thread on here leaves me scratching my head at times as I have hardly heard of any of them. But, I'm ok with that. It would be a bloody boring existance if we all liked the same things in life.

As for Easter Eggs, I was bought one a couple of weeks ago, and am proud to say that as of this evening , it is still in the box. Go me !!! :Cheerleader:

By the way PPB, I love your Pom-Poms !!
By the way, By the way, how did you come up with the username Pit Penguin Babe ?

Obviously I get the 'Babe' bit, but what about the rest ??

Pittsburgh Penguins.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

By the way PPB, I love your Pom-Poms !!
By the way, By the way, how did you come up with the username Pit Penguin Babe ?

Obviously I get the 'Babe' bit, but what about the rest ??

Bout time I dropped the last bit. When you get to your 50's its just wishful thinking on my part !! :(

Job done :wolves:

Onwards n upwards

XxX

Watched it in the pub. Classic Smash 'n' Grab away performance. Soak up the pressure, ride your luck and........BANG !

That's Why We're Champions, That's Why We're Champions..........

Right now, it's Great to be a Wolves Fan and it's been some time since we said that !!

Back