• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

My son started Little Kickers a few months back and absolutely LOVES it. He's becoming a real football obsessive. #proud

Glad to hear it. Belle's only 2 (well, she will be tomorrow :)) so it's more about improving her confidence than her football skills at the moment but hopefully she'll really enjoy it.

Glad to hear it. Belle's only 2 (well, she will be tomorrow :)) so it's more about improving her confidence than her football skills at the moment but hopefully she'll really enjoy it.

Watching them perfect the 'bees around a honeypot' formation is very entertaining.

Both my kids were really late walkers as they had hyper mobility. Both had turned 2 by the time they could walk. Camera phones truly are a blessing as I have both moments captured on video forever.

My son started Little Kickers a few months back and absolutely LOVES it. He's becoming a real football obsessive. #proud

Hyper mobility? Does your daughter do it too?

Hyper mobility? Does your daughter do it too?

Yeah - ultra flexible limbs. Perfectly natural and quite common - just means it takes them longer to learn how to walk. They're both absolutely fine now. I think I had it when I was that age as well. Milestone moments like first steps can be mega competitive between different sets of parents ("has x/y/z started walking yet? Mine has and she's only 6 weeks old.....") but they'll do it when they're ready.

My daughter doesn't do Little Kickers just yet but is starting to take an interest! We can't really afford to send them both at the moment.

A friend of mine came out with a quality quote, "Barring disability, all adults walk and talk so why push a child to do it quickly". Pretty apt I thought.

A friend of mine came out with a quality quote, "Barring disability, all adults walk and talk so why push a child to do it quickly". Pretty apt I thought.

Exactly. The only thing I didn't like about ante natal classes was after the kids were born, EVERYTHING seemed to be a competition.

"Has x reached this weight/height yet?"
"Is he/she on his/her thrive line?"
"Can they accurately replicate the Sistine Chapel using wax crayon?"
"When did they pass their driving test?"

It annoyed me then and all I ever said was 'they'll do it when they're ready to do it'. The most important thing is that they're happy and well loved.

How's your little girl Roy?

Susie's terrific thanks.
She's been standing up against furniture and all of that since November, then over the last month she's been standing up from a crouch unsupported, but lacked the confidence to stay stood up.
Last Saturday she was standing up shaking the fire guard and without a bother turned round and walked over to Jane, 3 steps as firm and as confident as you like.
Wife was thrilled that Susie did it whilst she was not only there but watching!
I missed it because I was building a big fuck off palace out of her Sticklebricks... or whatever they're called these days.
She's a year old tomorrow. But only has 2 bottom teeth.
She brilliant though at swimming. She can almost swim underwater! Not a bother on her at all.

Susie's terrific thanks.
She's been standing up against furniture and all of that since November, then over the last month she's been standing up from a crouch unsupported, but lacked the confidence to stay stood up.
Last Saturday she was standing up shaking the fire guard and without a bother turned round and walked over to Jane, 3 steps as firm and as confident as you like.
Wife was thrilled that Susie did it whilst she was not only there but watching!
I missed it because I was building a big $#@! off palace out of her Sticklebricks... or whatever they're called these days.
She's a year old tomorrow. But only has 2 bottom teeth.
She brilliant though at swimming. She can almost swim underwater! Not a bother on her at all.

Great stuff Roy, is she a handful then? Ava's getting 4 teeth through at the same time right now and it's hurting the little mite. And Lego/ Duplo is my toy of choice for her, along with shape sorters, although I'm not sure who gets the most out of it.

In my head I had this down as whizzing round on all fours like they were on fast forward.
Billy%2BWhizz%2Bwww.caskstrenght.net%2Bwhisky%2Bblog.jpg

In my head I had this down as whizzing round on all fours like they were on fast forward.

Sorry Bear, you must have been watching Susie!

Because she can get from one end of the house to the other in about 45 seconds or less, why would she need to bother trying to walk?

Learning things!

I've posted in the book thread about Dan Ariely & his Behavioural Economics books. A friend on another forum I go on read his books after I recommended them. Recently they posted an online course he is running:
https://www.coursera.org/course/behavioralecon

My timing is awful, & I did procrastinate a bit but have got cracking on it today & am loving it!

At last!!!

I've just booked my flight for the last game of the season - 3rd May v Carlisle.
My 1st game of the season!
Hopefully another 'We're getting promoted game!'

I tried to book for the Peterboro game but the flight over was around €19.99 and the return was €245!!
What the fuck's going on that weekend then??

Awesome! See you then, bud.

Again, not sure if happy (or anxious) is the word, but can see the mortgage application fee & solicitors fees have disappeared from the bank account...

Again, not sure if happy (or anxious) is the word, but can see the mortgage application fee & solicitors fees have disappeared from the bank account...

Fun and games Mr Lemon!
We had a fixed rate with the solicitor for getting our mortgage of €1000.
Ended up paying over €2,400

Some bollocks about a problem with searches and work not done by the previous owner's solicitors years ago and this needed rectifying + associated other time consuming work.
So when we refused to pay the extra - he refused to give us the deeds...
So could I suggest you get an assurance IN ADVANCE that you'll recieve a detailed list of all items of expenditure.
Otherwises you'll get 'Searches £1,600' and 'Postage and phone calls £427'. And a whole load of other hidded shite written off with a random number with a £ sign in front of it.

Solicitors and house buying... you can't avoid them, you have to have them, so brace yourself and expect to be raped. Because you will be.
It'll still hurt, but it might just take the sting out of it.

We'll all look forward with a sense of deepening gloom, to seeing this roll out in the sister thread, 'Things that make you very, very annoyed!!'

At last!!!

I've just booked my flight for the last game of the season - 3rd May v Carlisle.
My 1st game of the season!
Hopefully another 'We're getting promoted game!'

I tried to book for the Peterboro game but the flight over was around €19.99 and the return was €245!!
What the fuck's going on that weekend then??

Roy - on an earlier thread you intimated you might well be flying in to Bristol & then travelling up from there.

It would be a pleasure to make your acquaintance & train up via Bristol is as easy for me as any other route. Definitely intending to go to the Carlisle game, as going the Shrewsbury game tomorrow & MK on the 29th so can't afford another till then. Plus having been at the first home game of the season v Gillingham its only right that I am there at the end (which will also hopefully be a promotion celebration).

PM me if you would like a travelling companion.

Fun and games Mr Lemon!
We had a fixed rate with the solicitor for getting our mortgage of €1000.
Ended up paying over €2,400

Some bollocks about a problem with searches and work not done by the previous owner's solicitors years ago and this needed rectifying + associated other time consuming work.
So when we refused to pay the extra - he refused to give us the deeds...
So could I suggest you get an assurance IN ADVANCE that you'll recieve a detailed list of all items of expenditure.
Otherwises you'll get 'Searches £1,600' and 'Postage and phone calls £427'. And a whole load of other hidded shite written off with a random number with a £ sign in front of it.

Solicitors and house buying... you can't avoid them, you have to have them, so brace yourself and expect to be raped. Because you will be.
It'll still hurt, but it might just take the sting out of it.

We'll all look forward with a sense of deepening gloom, to seeing this roll out in the sister thread, 'Things that make you very, very annoyed!!'

Awesome generalisation there Roy....

Hopefully you are not paying much more than £700 for Solicitors (plus searches) assuming that this is a freehold property (leasehold will be a little more) - if its well outside of that then you are being ripped off. Have moved approx 10 times in my life & even on the last one (2011) paid £650 plus search fees for all the Sols work.

Stamp duty is the main cost. Had a breakdown of costs already.
Solicitor has come highly recommended by someone who's bought/sold over 40 houses, so would hope that they're reliable.

I'm having problems with the survey. I want a full structural survey, but have no idea where to look! I did scan the rics website, but it just made my head hurt.

Never done this before...

Back