• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Cheers Stan!
Got 4 recommendations from reallymoving.com too, so I'll have a scan in the morning.

Stamp duty is the main cost. Had a breakdown of costs already.
Solicitor has come highly recommended by someone who's bought/sold over 40 houses, so would hope that they're reliable.

I'm having problems with the survey. I want a full structural survey, but have no idea where to look! I did scan the rics website, but it just made my head hurt.

Never done this before...

Unless you are buying a house of unusual construction or more than 150 yrs old then there should be no need for a full structural survey. A standard Home Buyers report (which should only be approx. 50% of the cost) would be appropriate. (Just so that you know that this info has some knowledge behind it - I did the underwriting of mortgages for approx. 15yrs when I worked for a major UK bank)

Absolutely. Full structural survey I would only insist on where I was buying a very old property or one built in a mining area (although a decent solicitor should do a mine-relevant search in that sort of area anyway).

Plus I think Roy got badly dicked and probably should have read the terms of business of his solicitors. Have to be given over here and would have told him whether the 1000 Euro quoted was absolute max or circumstances where it might have to go up. If it was a straight 1000 Euro straight up and had been relied upon it would be actionable. Holding the deeds in such a case over here would also be seen very dimly by the authorities.

No noticeable hangover following 3 days on the piss, I feel like I'm 19 again.

Got a new job! Area sales manager for a huuuuuuge food service business. Turnover approaching 3bn. Welcome to a world of opportunities! Tomorrow for the tough bit, handing in my notice....

Congrats Del.

Absolutely loving my new job, couldn't be happier!

Is that the famous chef one you were after a while ago?

No, didn't get that. So Marco Pierre White is now a cock.

This is more in line with my experience, meaning I'll be better at it - the prospects are massive, I'm buzzing!

No, didn't get that. So Marco Pierre White is now a cock.

This is more in line with my experience, meaning I'll be better at it - the prospects are massive, I'm buzzing!

Well played squire and MPW is and always has been a cock

Indeed - I was going to query the "is" comment myself.

Anyway, congratulations; please don't procrastinate on how to hand in your resignation and create a multi-page conversation about it though.

Back