• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Nice distinction on my first assessed piece of MSc work. Now to keep it up.

Exactly a month from today I will have just arrived at my moms house :)

I have had a phone call today asking me to attend an interview for a job I didn't even apply for so that's good that people calling me asking me to work for them. Extra cash for my own company never hurts :)

An interview at the police station doesn't normally lead to a job offer James.

Well actually, as totally and shitty as it is right now, I really like Life.

It has nothing to do with a woman, or , ha ha ha , Money, but i have made some personal/physical strides i really didn't think I was still capable of at my age.

Now don't go asking for explanations or you'll just fuck the whole thing up, but suffice it to say that just yesterday, while cutting some very necesesary, and seriously large firewood, alone,deep in the forest, armed only with a machete, (as i don't have a chain saw, damn!!) I worked non stop for 6 hours from 7am, until for the first time in my life, i had to accept i had worked myself to a physical standstill.

There was not one ounce more in me, and this , however tired i have been in my life before, was something i really had never experienced, there was just nothing more, and as much as it hurt, everywhere yesterday, today, it gave me what seems like yet another lease of life.

Ha ha , I must say, that 2 minutes after i realised i was done yesterday, i visualised my walk home up the mountain, and had the grim reeper come by with a half decent offer, well, we might still be talking.

However, today , he can fuck right off!

LIfe is ok, YES!!!!!!! it's generally shit!!! but ok, there's still those little cameos to look forward to. ha ha ha

J-Walking weren't it

nope, I'm not messing about it's a real job for a change their words were "We can see you are registered on [insert website name] and would like to interview you over a role we have"

Wolvesforum.co.uk?

Joking aside, are you back from the US now?

Wolvesforum.co.uk?

Joking aside, are you back from the US now?

Yes I am and I had a lovely time in America everyone was very nice and said "hello" which was nice.

Also I got my Ps4 while I was there off Amazon.com so I am very happy about that.

Did you travel alone James?

Pav - FUCKING SLOW DOWN !!!

Lost 21 lbs in 10 weeks. Having never cared one jot about my weight I now understand the effort of carrying over 15 stone in a relatively short body. Just passed 12 months off the smokes too.

Clothes might not fit but they smell nice.

Must have been great. Will go to USA one day. No idea where (if one place) as so many I would like to see.

Must have been great. Will go to USA one day. No idea where (if one place) as so many I would like to see.

OMG it was, New York looks amazing with that new tower but it's all down to what you like. I went for peace & quiet so I went to Delaware again :D

Lost 21 lbs in 10 weeks. Having never cared one jot about my weight I now understand the effort of carrying over 15 stone in a relatively short body. Just passed 12 months off the smokes too.

Clothes might not fit but they smell nice.

Congrats mate that is something you should be proud of.

Did you travel alone James?

Pav - FUCKING SLOW DOWN !!!

b3h, yes I love you for that thought, (in a manly way of course) and trust me, there were times yesterday when i felt that very option would not be out there for me to choose. I really was , for want of a better word totally Fucked!!

But on a thread where i logically am not a prime contender, ha ha , I have to claim another post in quick succssion, and please excuse me if it's a bit long winded.

Many years ago i had a wood burning stove in my breakfast room, made of wraught iron.
No bricks inside, nothing, just plain old, very heavy, wraught iron.
As my house is on 3 levels (about 1m diff between levels) and this thing was at the bottom, in the breakfast room, it heated the whole house all day, for not a lot of wood.

Then, like a total twat, i opened a resturaunt down on the harbour.
Don't ask, it made me poor in a fortnight, and never really got any better.
The worst thing it did was to take over my life. I left home at 9am, and returned about 3am, winter and summer.

Now to get this back to woodburning stoves, in the winter i used to load up the stove before leaving, but when i got back at 3 am, sods law, the house was freezing.

I'm no fool!! ha ha ha ok! i sold it for a pittance and spent a fair few bob on a sexy looking, petrol burning stove that would tick over all day while i was out.

But tick over was all it did. If you wanted a house that was at least warm all over, then open the valve to full and park a petroleum truck outside your house.It was as much use as a on legged man at an arse kicking party.
Petrol then was 45cents a litre, it's now 1E 55 cents, so i couldn't buy it if i wanted to, but i live in a fucking forest for christs sake.

So i put the word around i wanted a wood burning stove, if it was from Noah, i really didn't care.

A week ago, some guy here, who i wouldn't trust if my life depended on it, said he had a wraught iron wood burning stove (exactly like i used to own) off his mate and didn't want a penny for it.

I humoured him for a week, as it was always to difficult to collect, or some other such shite, but yesterday!!!!!!!
after getting home , so tired and cold, that i made some soup and went to bed to keep warm, this morning i thought "fuck it" let's call his bluff.

I was out the door at 7am. still reasonably dark, (the light not me), and walked up to the village to find one of my 3 pals with a 4x4.
Found one ha ha , and went straight to the guy's house and said , so come on, here w are where is it? and fuck me rigid with a barge pole, he gave it to me, no charge!!.

Suffice it to say, It was home in 10 minutes, and it was cleaned and spruced in another half an hour.
The petrol stove was out, the wood burner was in, then all the pipes for the chimney were cut and resized as necessary, then the whole lot cleaned from last winter and a test flight for smoke started.

All the smoke went straight up the chimney , and out, so with a grin i went off to work, no wanting to risk it burning away first time, full tilt when i was not here.

Ha ha i haven't stopped going up and down the house in the last half hour , (except to type this) to remind myself just how warm it is, and if i tell you i am giggling and jumping about like a six year old, not a 60 year old, believe me, it's true.

These things cost 400E brand new, and I got this one free, as good as new, by a freak chance, and calling a bluff, from the most unlikely source possible!

Yes life is shit, but you just gotta love those cameos, ha ha ha ha .

OMG it was, New York looks amazing with that new tower but it's all down to what you like. I went for peace & quiet so I went to Delaware again :D

Thats a long way to go for some peace & quiet James ! Glad you had a good time though.

Back