• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Hey, its not my country ! I was taken into a room once and interrogated whilst crossing the border from US to Canada, its not a very nice experience at all. Hope the rest of your stay is enjoyable.

Happened to me too sooze going the other way from Canada to USA, they kept me 3 hours, I had a gun pointed at me, by a real red neck border guard, and my wife and her cousin had to drive 2 hours through thick fog, to bring me some cash, before they would let me in.

I was with her cousin in his huge lumber truck driving down to Portland and he had enough credit cards with him to make an accordion, and had specifically told me not to bring any cash as it wouldn't be mine for long. His wife acually gave birth 1 week later.

When they let me through in the end they gave me a paper welcoming me to the USA from Richard Nixon, (just sacked after Watergate), I just laughed out loud and threw it back on hiis desk

Happened to me too sooze going the other way from Canada to USA, they kept me 3 hours, I had a gun pointed at me, by a real red neck border guard, and my wife and her cousin had to drive 2 hours through thick fog, to bring me some cash, before they would let me in.

I was with her cousin in his huge lumber truck driving down to Portland and he had enough credit cards with him to make an accordion, and had specifically told me not to bring any cash as it wouldn't be mine for long. His wife acually gave birth 1 week later.

When they let me through in the end they gave me a paper welcoming me to the USA from Richard Nixon, (just sacked after Watergate), I just laughed out loud and threw it back on hiis desk

I didn't have a gun pointed at me but i was made to feel extremely uncomfortable. All because I didn't have a certain slip of paperwork with my visa. After about 2 hours and many questions, and punching stuff in their computer, I was allowed to go.

My work colleague has a nephew who took on a secondment to work with the US military, as a civil engineer, after the New Orleans disaster a few years back. He started dating a girl at his work and they went on a short break to Canada. On his return he didn't have the right paperwork with him and despite his best efforts at Customs to tell them he was working for the US Military he was put on a plane back to the UK.

Guys, how many days will it be before PPB posts in this very thread that she's seen the Coca Cola Xmas advert?

I paid the hotel manager $5 to get me a case of beer from the Liquor store so I am very happy with that.

:icon_biggrin:
Tamworth V Bristol City Live FA Cup ITV Dec 8th. Happy!

:icon_biggrin:
Tamworth V Bristol City Live FA Cup ITV Dec 8th. Happy!

I went on Saturday Arklo and they thoroughly deserved their place in the next round. If it wasn't for their keeper making a fabulous save from a point blank header, then saving two one on ones after Tamworth had also hit the crossbar the scoreline would have been far more comfortable. My heart was in my mouth when ex-Wolf Keith Lowe tried a Tom Daley dive in the penalty area in injury time though.

Good stuff Sniffer. Amazing really the sides We've played the last ten years, Stoke, Norwich etc, when for all those years Torquay and York were our claims to fame!

Getting 3 numbers on the lottery now means you win £25 as opposed to £10.

That's my Saturday night taken care of.....

When Mr Penguin calls you up on the way back from his travels saying ' I have a surprise for you '

Not sure if I should be happy about this or just extremely wary .

Blimey , its just got better . Apparently I'll need two hands to hold it .

Not really happy , but it makes me chuckle as to what people want me to bring over for them in my luggage from the good ole US of A !! :icon_lol:

Not really happy , but it makes me chuckle as to what people want me to bring over for them in my luggage from the good ole US of A !! :icon_lol:

72 cans of proper Mountain Dew please Soobie xx

Back