• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

My job.

Sometimes it pisses me off as its really hard work and I rarely get home before midnight and have no social life anymore, but it does throw up some interesting scenarios.
When I arrived at 4pm today I was told to cover the room service guy while he went on break. Turned out to be an interesting hour.
First I had to drop some brandies and ice cream up to a room, went in, it was Patsy Kensit and her new fella.
Then dropped a complimentary bottle of Champagne to an Italian guy celebrating his anniversary who tipped me 20 euro. Cool.
Then dropped up fish and chips to Jamie Heaslip.
Then was told to head up to the Presidential Suite to polish all the glasses and make sure the fridge is well stocked. Got up there, the housekeeping girls were polishing it all, maintenance were checking that the tv/blue-ray/sound system/jacuzzi/sauna worked and guest relations were up there scattering cushions and placing nice books around. I asked who was coming and it was old rednose himself, Fergie. He's doing a book signing here tomorrow. Got the room ready and left.
About 11:30, after dinner service was done, got a call from the head of guest relations, asking me to send up a bottle of Middleton and 6 whiskey glasses to the Pres. Got it together and went up, got let in by a guy, then went through and saw Fergie sitting there with 5 guys. As I was pouring the drinks I realised they were talking about Roy Keanes appointment as Asst Manager of Ireland. I really wanted to stay and listen, and even join in, as when you meet someone really famous, their face seems so familiar that you feel like they are a friend and you can just start chatting, its a bit strange. But i realised it would have looked very unprofessional if I started chatting to Fergie about Roy Keane, especially after his book! Anyway, suffice to say, I dont think Fergie thinks Keano and Ireland will last very long. he wasnt saying much but he you could tell by his face he was not impressed.

And last month, we had a top golfer entertaining a top model in his suite despite the fact he has a famous girlfriend. So even though the work is hard, its never dull.

That's cool. I love your Del Preston-esque work anecdotes so keep 'em coming!!

Ive never understood at airports why people want beer at 4/5/6 o'clok in the morning ? Im sure at home you wouldnt be cracking open a can with your cornflakes at that time.

I need a few before getting on a plane due to nerves. I don't have a breakfast cereal phobia... ;)

Just been for a walk and saw the first snowflakes of the year :)

Mr Penguins found out how to put the kettle on and make a coffee.

I can't stop laughing at the fact that PPB started her "Hands up" thread, & no-one appears to have had the chance to post before it got closed! :icon_lol:

I can't stop laughing at the fact that PPB started her "Hands up" thread, & no-one appears to have had the chance to post before it got closed! :icon_lol:

I know , which is a shame because it got 54 comments on Facebook. You would be surprised at how many people have actually pissed in a sink ! :)

Holy shit. His and hers Mercedes purchase made. Fucking insane deals at wolvo Mercedes. I will probably never be in a position to do this again so I am raising a glass to the heavens and saying thank you mum and dad.

Holy shit. His and hers Mercedes purchase made. Fucking insane deals at wolvo Mercedes. I will probably never be in a position to do this again so I am raising a glass to the heavens and saying thank you mum and dad.

Great stuff mate. Enjoy!!

Awesome HW! Many congratulations sir.

So adorable. Many congratulations to you and your family. X

That's cool. I love your Del Preston-esque work anecdotes so keep 'em coming!!
)

So Fergie and his missus have been using the staff elevator so as not to be bothered by any guests. So one of the concierge guys was doing a bag drop on the 3rd floor and called the lift. Imagine his surprise when the doors open and Alex Ferguson is stood in there with his wife. That must have been a very weird situation, stood in a shitty service elevator with Sir Alex.
I went up to Fergies room to drop an ice bucket whilst he was out and had a peek around his room. Tried on his glasses etc. Saw an interesting note on the table, it was prep notes for a speech, it had bullet points about the media, injuries, Man Utd and the last one just said Roy. It had a few things scribbled underneath about how Roy had felt himself a manager whilst still a player at Man U, also a bit about now hes asst at Ireland, he might be humbled and understand where Fergie was coming from. Interesting stuff.
When they returned to the hotel I realised one of the guys I had seen last night was actually Darren Ferguson. I didn't recognise him as he's put on so much weight, he's even bigger in real life.

Thanks everyone. Mrs HW is so excited. She's even forgotten that her beloved Arsenal are playing Man Utd this weekend!

Back