• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

7pm saturday.

I find the west park event to be very good each year.
They do a display for young children at 7. Usually with theme tunes from popular kids tv shows as the music.
Then they light the fire at 7.30.
Main firework display is usually at 8.30(ish).

Whilst the fire burns, they play dark side of the moon tracks.

The display has always impressed me - & I always used to be very meh about fireworks.

I have atradition of taking one special friend. This friend loves firework displays.
5 years ago, they were very very ill just before bonfire night. It was realistic that they might not live to see christmas. Their immune system was also shot, so crowds, as well as smoke was a very strict no-no.
I knew they wanted to see a firework display, so filled a flask & sorted a few nibbles & picked them up. Drove to a hill overlooking the city, cracked the flask open, & they were able to watch lots of little displays across the city. They cried (& damn near made me cry too!)

A year after, & thank god after much successful medical help, they were able. I saw the advert for wolverhamptons firework/bonfire & thought they might like it. Again I surprised them, picked them up, took them along, paid the £3.50 to get in. We watched the kiddies display whilst queueing up. Got in. Saw them light the fire. Went to watch the firework display. After 5 mins, I thought it was quite impressive. After another 5 mins, I thought it had almost ended. It went on for another 10-15 mins. Awesome value for money, & a brilliant display!

Plus, it made a friend very very happy. Especially when they had spent a year expecting to find out they were terminally ill, so I like it!

All the above aside, it is a spectacular show. I have spread the word to other friends, as it is a phenomenal experience anyway. I have friends & work colleagues attending this year purely because they've heard me go on & on about it so much.

It has gained something a little extra to me & friend & become an annual event, but tbh I'd still go anyway if that wasn't the case.

It really is a good (& cheap!) evening out. There's a good display for young kids, who can then see the fire lit & be taken home. The main display has impressed me every year.

For £4, it is a bargain. & importantly, it is safe.

Thanks to The Bear I will be able to type what i want and not have to keep going over what i type .Thanks young mon :)

when you have a day, without alcohol, when you just feel great, totally mischevous, and in the mood to be a bit of a "bugger up the back" as my irish granma Flukey would say (yes, still sounds wierd to me, but nobody argued with granma Flukey).
Readers of the forum this afternoon will know what i mean, but it's ok, i am about to have the first cypro of the day, so normal service, as an irritating (comatose) little fucker will be resumed as soon as possible.

Was ya granma really named flukey ?

Have a cypro or two for me cos its bin a bugger of a day here.

On a better note, think mr penguin has fixed the problems that hackers put on our computer,clever boy. Pity he couldnt take 2 minutes to do me kindle for me .

Was ya granma really named flukey ?

Have a cypro or two for me cos its bin a bugger of a day here.

ha ha no sooze, it's kind of a nickname that means "cheeky bugger" or something like that. She used to call me Flukey so i started calling it her back, and when she got fed up with giving me cauliflower ears, it stuck and she was granma flukey to all the family, until she became granma "stiff as a poker".
precise, but nowhere near as catchy, ha ha ha

As for cypro i have my last bottle of "that what we made last year" ready to open, we start this years in two weeks time, Eight tonnes of the stuff, i shall take a bath in this years brew, we only made 1 1/2 tonnes a year for the last 15 years, ha ha ha ha

On a better note, think mr penguin has fixed the problems that hackers put on our computer,clever boy. Pity he couldnt take 2 minutes to do me kindle for me .

Then simply withdraw some of your own special talents, til he does, ha ha ha

About to set off for twickenham, liquid breakfast... It's going to be a long day :)

A liquid breakfast is always a good idea. Always.

Gonna have fun with me fondues today :licklips:

A week today I will legally be able to drink underage in 'murica plus I'll be on holiday so that makes me happy.

The Jeep served us well, but it will cost more than the vehicle is worth to sort it all out, new tyres, brakes and whatever's wrong with the cooling system, be it radiator or leaky pipes...
So we went out and got a Mustang

Nice... for all us car lovers we need to see pictures!

Back