• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The things that I really, really like thread...

Yeah damn that trumps his cat. Imagine the cost by plane! Good luck

I thought that was a good price. It was about 8,000 to ship things over when we moved here, that was over 17 years ago. Plus they pack and protect all your furniture for you, the others didnt, we had to do our own. Plus this time we need a much bigger container. That's hubbys fault as he won't part with his shit.

I thought that was a good price. It was about 8,000 to ship things over when we moved here, that was over 17 years ago. Plus they pack and protect all your furniture for you, the others didnt, we had to do our own. Plus this time we need a much bigger container. That's hubbys fault as he won't part with his shit.

Said you weren't being ruthless enough in the yard sale - need too send him 'out of town' for the day and do another!

He got off light,my container's gonna be 20,000. I hope the cat has a quicker journey than my stuff though, my stuff takes 3 weeks to arrive!

When we moved, we basically sold everything within 6 weeks. (Received visa 24th Dec Flight from Brum 16th Feb)
Moved with 8 suitcases and a dog on a different flight!

If we were to move back again, we'd probably rid most of it again as the cost of shipping outweighs the cost of the stuff we brought here...

20,000 dollars sorry not pounds. Thats about 15,500 pounds I think. Which isn't bad.

When we moved, we basically sold everything within 6 weeks. (Received visa 24th Dec Flight from Brum 16th Feb)
Moved with 8 suitcases and a dog on a different flight!

If we were to move back again, we'd probably rid most of it again as the cost of shipping outweighs the cost of the stuff we brought here...

I couldn't do that Ray. We will be moving back without a home signed and sealed and ready to move into, to then have nothing basically but the clothes on your backs and suitcases. Couldn't do it. Not at our time of lives, would be too hard to do, like starting over from scratch. Most of our furniture was built by the Amish, we could never ever replace it, and would break my heart to virtually have to give it away. I'm hoping that wherever we end up, I hope I can turn it into a mini 114. That's my dream, a mini 114 but in England. :)

I couldn't do that Ray. We will be moving back without a home signed and sealed and ready to move into, to then have nothing basically but the clothes on your backs and suitcases. Couldn't do it. Not at our time of lives, would be too hard to do, like starting over from scratch. Most of our furniture was built by the Amish, we could never ever replace it, and would break my heart to virtually have to give it away. I'm hoping that wherever we end up, I hope I can turn it into a mini 114. That's my dream, a mini 114 but in England. :)

We didn't have a lot before we moved anyways, just bits and bobs and typical furniture that we had brought.
We only lived in the house for 3 years before we decided to move, it was more of a house than a home back in Wolves.

We did literally start from scratch here in the US, we stayed with in-laws for 6 weeks (which was difficult) till our rental was sorted and then have slowly accumulated "stuff" over the past few years, we've been in our house which we brought 2 years ago and have made it a home and like you we have some wonderful pieces of unique furniture from "up north" (Sells really well down here due to the craftsmanship), but would have to seriously think about what to leave and what to take if we ever did move back...
Kinda have to say am kinda jealous though! :)

We didn't have a lot before we moved anyways, just bits and bobs and typical furniture that we had brought.
We only lived in the house for 3 years before we decided to move, it was more of a house than a home back in Wolves.

We did literally start from scratch here in the US, we stayed with in-laws for 6 weeks (which was difficult) till our rental was sorted and then have slowly accumulated "stuff" over the past few years, we've been in our house which we brought 2 years ago and have made it a home and like you we have some wonderful pieces of unique furniture from "up north" (Sells really well down here due to the craftsmanship), but would have to seriously think about what to leave and what to take if we ever did move back...
Kinda have to say am kinda jealous though! :)

It's hard, exciting, daunting, worrying, and yet ecstatic all at the same time. We are at a time though where we need to be back there, back among family, friends and proper black country folk again!! I don't want to grow old here, I don't want to end my days living here....and on that cheery note, I got another customer!

This made me smile today.....

The World Taekwondo Federation (WTF) has changed its name to World Taekwondo because of the "negative connotations" associated with its initials.

This made me smile today.....

The World Taekwondo Federation (WTF) has changed its name to World Taekwondo because of the "negative connotations" associated with its initials.

Which is more a sad reflection on today's world than on the World Taekwondo Federation.

Having the last laugh after someone really pissed you off.
Salted Caramel Ben & Jerrys
Watching the chicks leaving the nests

Showing the kids what Gunner can do by commands this morning. I'd really like it if he plays along and doesn't make me look a tit.

Showing the kids what Mr PPB can do by commands this morning. I'd really like it if he plays along and doesn't make me look a tit.

You have him well trained.....

A card and flowers from the Vets saying 'Sorry to you both on your recent loss'

How bloody lovely and thoughtful is that. Also a copy of the Rainbow Bridge poem.

A card and flowers from the Vets saying 'Sorry to you both on your recent loss'

How bloody lovely and thoughtful is that. Also a copy of the Rainbow Bridge poem.

That makes 22 cards he had.......that's more than I got for me Birthday!!

Back