• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like more bullshit to me? That 360sources account appears to have started it off?

Some guy on Reddit is saying that Smalling is on his way to Wolves. He called the Moutinho transfer eight days ago, so there's a good chance it's happening.

Although this is from a guy on United forum. Dunno where to find that on reddit though

United fans seem delighted with this news

Never been a huge fan of Smalling. Always seems like Bambi on Ice whenever I watch him play. Could do a job in a back three, I suppose. Would be a bit of a fall from grace if he moved to us so I’d be wary about his attitude to get stuck in. Plus he’s probably on obscene wages there.

Smalling would be ideal for us. He's basically a straight upgrade on Bennett, defending first, worry about the rest later. But he isn't an absolute clown on the ball.

He's a far better player than Jones, there's no doubt in my mind which one in a straight choice should have been in the England squad.

I forgot Dan’s love for Smalling!

Agree he’d be a good fit on the right of the three for us though

You realise we're going to United every day and asking if they can spare a centre half, any centre half? And we'll end up with Jones and be paying such obscene wages he will have to play!

If we’re turning our nose up at Chris Smalling then we need to have a word with ourselves. The guy has played at the top level his whole career.

When the alternatives are Kortney Hause (barely proven at championship level), Batth (solid Championship) and Bennett (could do a job) then it’s an instant upgrade. Unlikely to be true but not outrageous considering Utd have like 7 CBs of which José rates zero.

Boly - Coady - Smalling

I'd be pretty fucking happy with that.

I'd be thrilled with Smalling. He just needs a leader next to him, and we've got one (Coady).

Smalling sounds more doable than some of the other players we've been linked to

We are 6/4 to sign Rose.
He is 4/6 to.leave Spurs

Small ing is Evens to sign for Wolves.

Smalling would be great, but like Jinky says we should be slightly wary about his motivation to play for a smaller club after so many, partly successful, years at Man utd. Doubt it's happening though, there's always a West Ham or Everton ready to throw too much money at outcasts from the big clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back