• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man from the Sun say's no

Duncan Wright
‏Verified account
@dwright75

Rumours of Chris Smalling to Wolves seem misplaced. Been told 'no chance' Wolves trying to sign him

Rose and Small ing would be stunning signings.
I don't see either

Rose was made up bullshit and Smalling looks the same.

All these rumours are doing is winding up a % of our fans who now think we have no ambition and Fosun are not spending enough as we are missing out on targets...even though they were never actually targets.

I would be delighted with Smalling, he's a much, much better player than Jones. More likely to happen than Rose but you would think United aren't looking to offload him as well as Rojo.

They'd both cost a fortune in transfer fee and wages, relative to their quality. Good players but I'd think we'll try to spend fosun's money a bit more wisely.

We know some shit is going to happen before the deadline. I also suspect that there will be no clue up front on most of it.

Only about 20 minutes til we hear from Nash about this amyway

And some guy from the sun. I’m glad it’s only just over a week till all this bollocks is finished

It's totally understandable why this is, but it might be nice to hear about some top-level talent we actually are pursuing, rather than this constant refrain that we aren't.

I know it was last night’s rumour and it was firmly rubbished...but I’ve just heard Danny Rose end of the week from a different source.

I can’t completely rule out cross pollination from last night’s rumours though.

It's totally understandable why this is, but it might be nice to hear about some top-level talent we actually are pursuing, rather than this constant refrain that we aren't.

Pretty much everything with us tends to go under the radar. You might get wind of it 3-4 days before it's officially confirmed but nothing tends to leak until the deal is all but done.

Had Sporting done things properly and gone ahead with the deal that they agreed to - Patricio would have come out of absolutely nowhere. Neves is one of the very few in the last year or so where it's rumbled on for more than a week from story appearing to contract signed, even that wasn't really a saga.

Making up links is just what people do at this time of year and as much as I'm sure it's not what they aspired to do when they decided to be journalists, it's part of Nash/Spiers' job now to say yes or no as to whether they've heard anything. Of course they themselves don't have the world's greatest hit rate, even in just confirming or denying stuff.

If I was Nash or Spiers I'd rubbish this to, whether I knew anything or not. Seems a pretty safe bet.

From the daily star, which clearly means it’s true.

Manchester United defender Chris Smalling has agreed personal terms with Premier League newcomers Wolves, according to Manchester-based journalist Peter Harding.

He posted on Twitter: “Chris Smalling has agreed personal terms on a deal that will see the England defender move to Molineux and join Wolves“

Manchester United defender Chris Smalling has agreed personal terms with Premier League newcomers Wolves, according to Manchester-based journalist Peter Harding.

He posted on Twitter: “Chris Smalling has agreed personal terms on a deal that will see the England defender move to Molineux and join Wolves“

Some excellent Vital Football style writing there :icon_lol:

Just looked through that Harding's Tweets, lot of incorrect calls made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back