• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked good up front for palace this season. Good touch and can pass well, ideal for us i'd say.

Can play anywhere across the front 3, definitely fits our set up but...
Let's say he does (I wouldn't necessarily agree, but still). Where do you play him? Is he better than Cav, Costa, or Jota?

Let's say he does (I wouldn't necessarily agree, but still). Where do you play him? Is he better than Cav, Costa, or Jota?

Hence the but...

You do need a minimum of 2 players per spot so is he better than the back up players to those 3?

Andre Gomes set to leave Barca as describing it as "hell". I wonder if we'll try for him? Fee around 21m Euros.

I’d love Sako back but that is pure sentiment from me. Nuno won’t see it that way (rightly so)

Sako isn't going to be fit in the time frame we need. And that will be the end of the story as someone else will take that risk. We don't need to, much I as I loved him here.

Considering we are thinking about spending 9m on pele, we should definitely add 12m and go for gomes.

No thanks. Wouldn't work in our system at all. He's not interested in the defensive side of the game.

They say that about Talisca too, but neither Costa or Jota do much in that regard either, and that's where he'd be playing.

He's a central midfielder, not somebody who'd play in our front three.

Andre Gomes set to leave Barca as describing it as "hell". I wonder if we'll try for him? Fee around 21m Euros.

Both him and Andre Silva are the two I really want this summer. If you told me this time last year that they'd be my 2018 targets I don't think I'd have believed you!

Having said that I've never actually seen either of them play :icon_lol:

Andre Gomes will want to be starting somewhere. He won't do that here.

They say that about Talisca too, but neither Costa or Jota do much in that regard either, and that's where he'd be playing.
Neither Costa or Jota do much defensively? What?

Neither Costa or Jota do much defensively? What?

Indeed. That inside position is vital for our system and way we defend. Them two and Cav have done it brilliantly

No thanks. Wouldn't work in our system at all. He's not interested in the defensive side of the game.

I wouldn't have thought Coady would be able to sweep up and ping 50 yard passes from defence this time last year. I reckon Gomes could become a complete midfielder under the right tutelage and I'd fucking love him here, he's quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back