• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hard to keep track of all these rumors

gotta just keep my eye out for the "welcome to wolves" threads I guess. :D

Today's made up story with credit to The Mirror is Joe Hart, who I can be fairly sure we aren't interested in

Hart has no Heart for saves anymore, no thanks..

What an irritating website- scroll down to read story and keeps making me “click here to view the video”. Got to read the headline though. As I’ve said before Balotelli is nothing more than a big name IMO he’s worse than Sterling when it comes to coming up with the goods (admittedly Sterling scored a fair few this season but what half decent player wouldn’t with team mates he’s got)

Andre Gomes is something of a joke figure here in Spain as he is worse than useless for Barca. Of course, we are not Barcelona but that being said from what I've seen of him he's just not that good. I'd steer clear personally, however, he could be one of those payers who thrives in his next team.

Andre Gomes is just one of those footballers that is living off what could have been. Didn’t rate him at Valenica, was more suprised that Barca signed him than when they signed Paulinho. He’s got ability but the heart of a pea and the wrong attitude and Nuno would have to do something drastic with him. Wouldn’t fit in out system anyway because as Nando says he doesn’t defend and he doesn’t do enough off the ball or with it for that matter to play anywhere else but centrally.

Slink has spoken :)..not bothered with him personally..much better value out there

I've got a terrible feeling Balotelli will be here next season, based on a supposed ITK saying its done. I can't supply any evidence though.
It's a bit of a conundrum to fit any striker into this team structure. More of an attacking three approach as per Costa, Cav and Jota

Just to add to the Joe Hart stuff, this just popped up on Sky’s transfer feed:

WOLVES AND SAINTS EYE HART

Wolves and Southampton could offer Joe Hart some solace for missing the World Cup by making a bid to keep the England ‘keeper in the Premier League, reports the Mirror.

Hart has just returned to parent club Man City having completed a season-long loan spell at West Ham.

Absolute no to Joe Hart. He's done with top clubs (including us). He's the sort of player that's an absolute natural for West Ham. Oh...

OTC pod mentioned that Balloteli is most likely off to Lyon or Marseille. With Mancini now Italy manager and Mario now finally seeming settled and away from distractions his agent would be flawed to bring him back to the UK.

Southampton can have Hart and we’ll take McCarthy off their hands.

I'd rather just fork out and buy Rui Patricio tbh. Best keeper we could possibly get our hands on right now.

If Southampton were doing that then they'd sell their reserve keeper, not their first choice. They want rid of Forster (who we also don't want), not McCarthy.

If Southampton were doing that then they'd sell their reserve keeper, not their first choice. They want rid of Forster (who we also don't want), not McCarthy.

Unless they receive an offer to good to turn down for McCarthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back