• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's tiny. There's some ability there but very hard to see how he'd make it in senior football at this stage. Miles off.

I'd rather we cut the losses early and give these lads a chance to make a go of it somewhere else. Going down the Hayden/Kellerman/O'Hanlon/Flatt/Deslandes road of just hanging onto them forever for no reason doesn't help anyone.

Whilst I agree about the lads you mention - kids grow, they don’t necessarily gain tons of ability. I figure we’re letting him go as we think more of Ennis and Samuels.

I guess he is 19 now so probably done growing...

Talisca is linked with Man today on portuguese press

Attention: tomorrow many, and I mean many, Sporting players will be available on a free transfer.

We have 60 professionals at the club once you remove Ikeme, Mason and the loan players - except Jota. A lot of those are kids but for them to get opportunities we need a purge. From that 60 I'd look to move the following permanently:
Burgoyne, Batth, EEL, Iorfa, Deslandes, Miranda, Simpson, Johnson, Hayden, Prince, Graham, Marshall, Zyro, Randall, Gladon, Nazon and Collins.
That would take us down to 43, so after new signings still around 50 in total. I'd rather we paid off or subsidised wages to move permanently rather then another series of loans although today's news re Deslandes and Graham are textbook Thelwell. I'd look for a 'right fit' loan for Bright, Ronan, Wilson, Ennis, Stevenson, Ruddy, Leak and Herc. leaving the 17-20 year olds playing for the U23's.
That leaves us with a first team squad (before kids) of:
Ruddy, Norris, Hause, Doherty, Bennett, Douglas, Coady, Ofusu-Ayeh, Neves, Saiss, Cav, Jota, MGW, Costa, Mir so need to add around 8 to that GK, CHx2 LWB, RWB, CM, CFx2. Boly and maybe Vinagre are the only loan players left I'd look to bring back

Yet bizarrely King Kev has given Deslandes and Graham a contract extension to 'protect their value'. Bizarre.

Whilst I agree about the lads you mention - kids grow, they don’t necessarily gain tons of ability. I figure we’re letting him go as we think more of Ennis and Samuels.

I guess he is 19 now so probably done growing...

23 is actually considered the official end of male growth. Never fact checked it but an fa assessor once told me Steve Gerrard grew 1/2 inch between when they measured him at 21 and 23.

I was also 5'10 when I started uni in 2000 and 6ft 0.5" when I left in 2003. Not saying that happenes to everyone and agree with you and the others that many of those players have capped out their ability. I'd rather we did a Real Madrid and sold them very cheaply but with a buy back clause.

Anyone know anything about Zambo Anguissa or Bouna Sarr from Marseille?

https://mobile.twitter.com/EspoirsduFoot/status/998452067307020288

Zambo Anguissa; Defensive midfielder, played in 56 games this season with 0 goals and 0 assists

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andre-zambo-anguissa/leistungsdaten/spieler/354361

Bouna Sarr; Right wing back/right midfield/right wing, played in 48 games with 1 goal and 4 assists

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bouna-sarr/leistungsdaten/spieler/190685

Times have moved on eh, DW? We're now complaining about the ball control of players in a European final. Oh for the days of Grant Holt...

I do think Sarr would be quite good in our system to be fair.

I agree. Sarr would fit NES formation quite well.

Not so sure the formation will be the same in the PL though.

I agree. Sarr would fit NES formation quite well.

Not so sure the formation will be the same in the PL though.

I think it will, think we would surely have tried 4 at the back more in this league if so as a lot of the players will still be here. We've gone to a sort of 3412 false striker in between subs a few times I think but it's mostly been 3421 consistently

It's been pointed out before, we'd need far too much work doing in the market for us to be able to play a back four now.

We'll be asking the wingbacks to defend more next season (out of necessity) which is one of many reasons why Doherty in particular isn't really going to be suitable as first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back