• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Podcasts aren't really my bag at all to be honest.

Timbo has done alright this season (and he's decent value on Twitter) but then positivity about performances has never been his problem. He was relentlessly OTT in praise for us when we were wanking around in 15th under Ken. It's all about firing off pointed, accurate criticism and questions when appropriate. Anyone can say "Wolves have been good in 2017/18". Also it's important not to forget how cynical he was about our owners 12 months ago despite the evidence right in front of him.

To be fair to Tim i think he's been fairly honest in admitting he was wrong earlier in his perspective of the owners, seems to still think we might a Watford style buying and selling club in the prem, that remains to be seen i guess.

Other such as Fielden, with his conspiracy type ITK bollocks about unknown insiders being unhappy, can fuck right off.

It was quite clear why Lambert was sacked, if I knew then he should have known.

Fielden's an odious prick on twitter. Only heard him commentate once, didn't really stand out but wasn't terrible.

He's awful, did the official wolves highlights for a while i think.

Fielden's an odious prick on twitter. Only heard him commentate once, didn't really stand out but wasn't terrible.

He tries too hard, the only commentator to go with Nevsch instead of Neves.

Whether right or wrong that makes him come across as a nob head.

Yeah Fielden sometimes does that fake commentary recorded after the event for the official highlights packages. Awful.

Have to say I really don't understand why being correct is a bad thing in this case.

I remember when Barry Davies came up with "Mick I L Laudroop" at I think the '86 World Cup. Possibly the correct pronunciation, but outrage before the times of social media about talking foreign shite.

I had a lot of love for Barry Davies but he did go over the top at times. "Sool-SHAR-ye" for Solskjaer in particular.

I'll take that over Motson screeching "DDA Drogbaaar", mind. Being as that's wrong.

I'm now insecure as I'm the only person who bothers typing Özil, Müller, Gündogan, Löw, Sané, Matthäus etc :(

I had a lot of love for Barry Davies but he did go over the top at times. "Sool-SHAR-ye" for Solskjaer in particular.

I'll take that over Motson screeching "DDA Drogbaaar", mind. Being as that's wrong.

I'm now insecure as I'm the only person who bothers typing Özil, Müller, Gündogan, Löw, Sané, Matthäus etc :(
I wouldn't know how to do an umlaut even if I wanted to!

Woah there I always pay full respect to the main man Mesut

Love an umlaut. If you have the ALT shortcuts down I'd be super impressed

Well, I'd be a bit of a shit linguist if I didn't.

é = ALT + 130
ê = ALT + 136
è = ALT + 138
ç = ALT + 135
ö = ALT + 148
ô = ALT + 147
ü = ALT + 129
ä = ALT + 132
â = ALT + 131
à = ALT + 133
ß = ALT + 225

I do actually need to use them all, mind.

I'm not bothering to learn Scandinavian/Turkish ones.

I remember Motson calling De Wolf 'Der-Volf' once.

Dunno if it's correct or not, but it pissed me off. Might have been the FA Cup win against Leicester.

Can't remember who it was who pronounced Glenn Hysen as Glenn Hoosain, used to bug the shit out of me though.

Can't remember who it was who pronounced Glenn Hysen as Glenn Hoosain, used to bug the shit out of me though.

It's right though (well, close enough).

I'd rather them try to attempt it than go with WM's "Remain Size" in midfield for us.

Well, I'd be a bit of a shit linguist if I didn't.

é = ALT + 130
ê = ALT + 136
è = ALT + 138
ç = ALT + 135
ö = ALT + 148
ô = ALT + 147
ü = ALT + 129
ä = ALT + 132
â = ALT + 131
à = ALT + 133
ß = ALT + 225

I do actually need to use them all, mind.

I'm not bothering to learn Scandinavian/Turkish ones.

*impressed*

Although it doesn't quite class as super nerd level as you have to know and use them any way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back