• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance we could not do this again?

Jirritating?

Not at all. Personally I think it’s about as funny as kidney stones, but if people are having fun, fair play. Generally speaking DW isn’t far wrong with these things though and if he’s asked for it to stop...

The Boly transfer is in L'Equipe as well. €13M is great business.

£10m for Boly, FFS :icon_lol:

More from Tim -

Of the other loanees, Jota is still set to sign for £13m. I gather an option on Leo Bonatini isn't being taken up as it stands. Decisions still be made on Afobe, N'Diaye and Vinagre. Wolves have until the end of this month to exercise those options.

I also understand that despite speculation elsewhere not a single inquiry has been made by Wolves for either Andre Silva or Talisca.

Fair decision re; Bonatini. Think his lack of pace would give him a real issue in the PL (nice guy that he is).

Leo had just been too bad since December to ignore. He'll get paid somewhere.

Willy Boly for £10m compared to clubs willing to buy Ben Gibson for £20m. Just shows the ridiculous premium on English players

Willy Boly for £10m compared to clubs willing to buy Ben Gibson for £20m. Just shows the ridiculous premium on English players

Yeah, but I guess £10m was a big few for a player that had only played 7 times in the previous season.

£10m is a lot more than Porto would have envisaged getting from elsewhere a year ago. Seems a good deal all round to me.

Boly 10m
Jota 11m
Neves 15m already budgeted
Costa 12m already budgeted
Cav 7m already budgeted

Total spend 55 million.-34 million =21 million

Premier league estimated income- lowest possible is 95 million if we finish bottom next year.mid table 115 Million

Transfer budget still available is at least 70 million- take 15 off for Afobe and Vinaigre, that still leaves 40-55 million quid. Enough for 2 or three excellent players following the same model used so far.

I would take that in a heartbeat and give it to Nuno and let him get who he and Mendes want.

It's like you have direct access to Jeff's spreadsheet: 'Wolves money.xls'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back