• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure that keeper is the most pressing upgrade & certainly not at the figures flying around

Boly hopefully secured - another quality right sided CB & upgrade the wing backs & Ruddy won't need to do anything :icon_smile:

https://m.tuttomercatoweb.com/amp/s...lverhampton-1114753?__twitter_impression=true

I can’t get this to translate on my phone but I’m guessing they are claiming we are interested in Cancelo
Google translated =

Joao Cancelo and Inter. The story seems at the end of the list because the Nerazzurri club will not pay € 35 million for the redemption that Valencia wants. A figure agreed upon and on which the Spaniards will not make discounts. What will then be the destiny of Portuguese? The Spaniards, who have already decided to redeem Geoffrey Kondogbia from Inter, would like to make cash with the right-back. Polled squares in the Premier League, including the Wolverhampton, Fosun club and close to Jorge Mendes. The Wolves, newly promoted, seem in fact the company most interested in the football player lusit

I’m pretty sure I read this morning United wanted him. It is a lot of cash for a right back to be on the bench to be fair..

Considering the success we had with Bennett and Ruddy I am wondering if there are any low to free agency. Personally I'd ve disappointed with Afobe if we paid more than £3-4 million for him and there isn't a chance they'd value him that low in this market.

Considering the success we had with Bennett and Ruddy I am wondering if there are any low to free agency. Personally I'd ve disappointed with Afobe if we paid more than £3-4 million for him and there isn't a chance they'd value him that low in this market.

Would hold back on that to see what else we can get over the line first (if Bournemouth sell him before we are ready then so be it as to us he probably isn't worth what they want)

We do need 2 senior strikers & if we have only managed 1 at 24 hrs before the window shuts then would consider him them as a backup - they want to sell & he seems to desperately want to come so should be easy to tie up at the last minute - only worthwhile if its him or nothing

Sounds like Pele has signed for someone (probably us)

Another suggestion for the mix. RB Joao Cancelo. Playing for Inter on loan from Valencia, who paid £13m for him in 2015. Just been called up for the Portugal squad again and has scored 3 in 6 for them. Can play on the wing too so I'd imagine a wing-back role would be fine.
Bear Thelwell ;)

I really want to see the seethe if we sign Leno, Cancelo, Pele and Andre Silva, Jota and Boly for c£100m. We'd only need another centre back and a back up forward and we'd have a major shot at 7th

I'd worry about the depth spending that money though, we'd be very thing with even a single injury to any starter that way and potential unable to recruit.

In other news Buffon is leaving Juve but announced he isnt retiring, no doubt the lure of one of Wolves huge prescene in Italy has swayed him, or whatever the actual quote from Zenga was.

I'd worry about the depth spending that money though, we'd be very thing with even a single injury to any starter that way and potential unable to recruit.

In other news Buffon is leaving Juve but announced he isnt retiring, no doubt the lure of one of Wolves huge prescene in Italy has swayed him, or whatever the actual quote from Zenga was.

I don't think purchase price is really that relevant any more. Why spent £15m just to then spend £35m next summer. Just spend the £35m now and hopefully we'll be better, sooner

I think the FFP regulations apply to wages rather than spend in the prem.

I don't think purchase price is really that relevant any more. Why spent £15m just to then spend £35m next summer. Just spend the £35m now and hopefully we'll be better, sooner

I think the FFP regulations apply to wages rather than spend in the prem.

Wages are the big one, however £67m should be more than enough to play with.

You can lose £110m over a three year period, which with the increase in revenue really shouldn’t be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back