• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WBA bid £10m for him last summer which was rejected.

I like N'Diaye but he isn't ruthless nor combative enough for me. Considering his size and presence, I always expected more from him around the field. Be sporting and fair by all means, but don't be too 'nice'.

We might be interested in all, none or some of the names floating around - we will certainly have interest in more than one player on the basis that some will come, some won't. The fact that we might see more than one name for a particular position doesn't indicate that we will (or want to) sign them all. N'Diaye and Afobe will probably be on the list of possibilities but maybe not at the top of that list.

Like Thelwell said, we'll have our 'ducks' lined up. If we can't get the first choice then we'll move on down the line. We've been linked to quite a few keepers, not going to buy more than one.

We might be interested in all, none or some of the names floating around - we will certainly have interest in more than one player on the basis that some will come, some won't. The fact that we might see more than one name for a particular position doesn't indicate that we will (or want to) sign them all. N'Diaye and Afobe will probably be on the list of possibilities but maybe not at the top of that list.
We have a week to confirm whether we want to sign them at the pre agreed prices. Although that is probably a meaningless deadline as if the £8m and £10m for N'Diaye and Afobe are accurate I can't see the price going up if we hang on, we simply lose our exclusivity period.

I like N'Diaye but he isn't ruthless nor combative enough for me. Considering his size and presence, I always expected more from him around the field. Be sporting and fair by all means, but don't be too 'nice'.
Been said before on here but Alfred has a number of positive attributes, but unfortunately doesn't really fit in a midfield pair.

Still, we could do much worse than him for the price, IMO. Think a lot will end up depending on how comfortable he'd be with continuing to not be first choice here.

The thing you have to remember with Alf is that he isn't a defensive midfielder. Sunderland bought him and parked him in front of the back four and he was crap.

He doesn't give you enough on a consistent basis for us to spend that kind of money on him.

I'm not going to cry if he goes or celebrate if he stays. He was good enough for a Championship team but we've seen what he is capable of in the Prem twice now already. A few very good performances, a lot of average ones, and some bad ones. His ceiling is at a team that is expecting to be in a relegation battle IMO.

Just a hunch, but I don’t think we’ll sign Pele or take up the option of N’Diaye. I reckon we might have our sights set a little higher.

João Cancelo is the most underrated player to come out of Benfica academy. Would be a perfect fit if NES keeps the same formation. He was just named as part of Serie A beast XI too in the RB position. Even though he played as a winger most of the time.

He was supposed to have been very good at Valencia, too. Not sure if he was there while Nuno was.

Loan stars Diogo Jota and Willy Boly are likely to have their permanent moves made official in the near future, joining for £13million and £10m respectively.

Likely? We fucking announced in January he was signing on the 1st July.

and the last time Thelwell spoke about signings he told Tim we wouldn't be able to afford Costa and shortly after we spent £13m on him

"Decisions are also being made on Benik Afobe, Alfred N’Diaye and Ruben Vinagre, although it’s understand that Leo Bonatini won’t be joining with Wolves decided against making his move from Al Hilal a long-term one."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back