• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That article chimes with a recent interview Nuno gave. We'll make decisions on the players we have on loan first. After those decisions are made, we'll move onto where else we need to strengthen.

Perfectly sensible and rational planning imo.

It's nonsense though. They will already know who they want to keep of the loanees for the Prem, and probably will have done for months (Afobe excepted).

I doubt any availability of new players would change that.

It's nonsense though. They will already know who they want to keep of the loanees for the Prem, and probably will have done for months (Afobe excepted).

I doubt any availability of new players would change that.

More a case of the European transfer window not being open until 1st June so can't announce till then

More a case of the European transfer window not being open until 1st June so can't announce till then

This can’t be true as Leicester have announced Ricardo Pereira already. The deal might not be official until a certain date but they can announce it whenever.

I would have thought they'd want to have newcomers sorted to some extent before they bin off the loanees, otherwise we could find ourselves weakened come the start of the season

This can’t be true as Leicester have announced Ricardo Pereira already. The deal might not be official until a certain date but they can announce it whenever.

Or maybe we don't WANT to announce till then to suit our needs...

Sticking with what I said last week, we won't be doing a huge amount of business in May and June.

Or maybe we don't WANT to announce till then to suit our needs...

That's what I think too. I wouldn't be surprised if signings were announced with the launch of the kit, season tickets, stadium expansion or tour to somewhere. The PR is much better these days.

Agree Johnny and Darlo. I think we are waiting to announce, definitely with the loan players we are signing like Boly, Jota and maybe Afobe. In terms of other business like Dan says it may be fairly quite til July.

That's what I think too. I wouldn't be surprised if signings were announced with the launch of the kit, season tickets, stadium expansion or tour to somewhere. The PR is much better these days.

Ah the kit launch... Neves with the away shirt last season was stunning so Boly this?

Again, the away kit was launched and Neves signed (or at least was announced) on 8 July.

If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but I don't think you should be expecting a flurry of activity particularly soon.

Last season's deals:

31 May - Ryan Bennett
13 June - Roderick Miranda
20 June - Phil Ofosu-Ayeh (and this had been sorted out weeks before)
1 July - Barry Douglas
8 July - Ruben Neves and Willy Boly
10 July - John Ruddy
11 July - Will Norris for England
20 July - Ruben Vinagre
25 July - Diogo Jota
1 August - Leo Bonatini
31 August - Alfred N'Diaye

Ah the kit launch... Neves with the away shirt last season was stunning so Boly this?

More likely to see Boly/Jota with home shirt reveal. And then away shirt can be Andre Silva after the world cup.

Linked to Josef de Souza from Fener.

Yeah he was linked yesterday on here.

Can play across the front three but would be comfortable playing the main striker role with Jota/Cav/Costa either side.

Not quite sure how realistic signing him is, though.

As realistic as a year ago and attracting Neves and Jota?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back