• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically about two melts have burned a fiver then

Must have, we were 60/1, been reduced to 50's.
I may be in the minority, but I would not take him anyway.

I want players that buy into the project ALA Neves, Boly, and Jota.
He's going to want to be the star player, which could disrupt the dressing room, I don't think we are ready for a player of that status yet.

If he were interested, which of course he would not be, it would be a no-brainer.

You want to sell millions of shirts in China to boost commercial revenue and therefore subsequent wage bill in years to come, then give them a Ronaldo signing to stick that name on the shirts. So there is some business sense. From a football sense he is so massively far ahead of any player we have ever had, he instantly improves the team ten-fold. And then you look at the attraction for other potential signings of playing in the same team.

So there is sense on multiple levels.

In fact every level except the important one, which is that there is no chance on God's clean earth that CR7 would countenance a move to Wolverhampton Wanderers without Champions League football as a minimum, and that the transfer fee and wages would utterly bork us for FFP.

If he were interested, which of course he would not be, it would be a no-brainer.

You want to sell millions of shirts in China to boost commercial revenue and therefore subsequent wage bill in years to come, then give them a Ronaldo signing to stick that name on the shirts. So there is some business sense. From a football sense he is so massively far ahead of any player we have ever had, he instantly improves the team ten-fold. And then you look at the attraction for other potential signings of playing in the same team.

So there is sense on multiple levels.

In fact every level except the important one, which is that there is no chance on God's clean earth that CR7 would countenance a move to Wolverhampton Wanderers without Champions League football as a minimum, and that the transfer fee and wages would utterly bork us for FFP.

It seems strange as a Wolves fan to be thinking about CR7, but we are not ready for that level of player, maybe 3 years.

It seems strange as a Wolves fan to be thinking about CR7, but we are not ready for that level of player, maybe 3 years.

Fucking hell :icon_lol:

One step at a time, for the love of God.

Much rather have Gareth Bale tbh.

Yes; now you're talking! Can't happen, of course, for the same reasons Ronaldo won't, but his is the type of attitude that would suit our philosophy down to the ground. A Billy Big Bollocks can only be bad for what Fosun and Nuno want to achieve, I don't care who it is. We're so lucky to have Neves in more ways than one.

Yeah, we don't have a good record with Welsh players.

39e268d40f2f9144eda50e74399e84e4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back