• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those comments from Silva don’t bode well, in terms of us signing him. But Spiers (who to be fair seems to have worked very hard to form some relationships with people within the club) hasn’t been far wrong with transfer rumours over the last 12 months, and he said a couple of weeks ago that we weren’t looking at him.

Be interesting to see how it pans out. If we were in for Silva, you’d imagine we want to tie it up before the World Cup in case he has a cracking tournament.

Those comments from Silva don’t bode well, in terms of us signing him. But Spiers (who to be fair seems to have worked very hard to form some relationships with people within the club) hasn’t been far wrong with transfer rumours over the last 12 months, and he said a couple of weeks ago that we weren’t looking at him.

Be interesting to see how it pans out. If we were in for Silva, you’d imagine we want to tie it up before the World Cup in case he has a cracking tournament.

Didn't Spiers say no bid had been placed, as some places were reporting, rather than no interest

Is Dani Garcia (DM) any good? On a free this summer. Captain of Eibar.

Wolves looking to trigger Afobe's £12.5m release clause according to SkySports sources.

Not a very good move IMO.

Too much when you consider how much we're going to end up paying for Boly and Jota, IMO.

Andre Silva & Benik Afobe as our two central forward options, with Cav, Costa, Jota (& anyone else we sign) in the wider positions - for a newly promoted team, that’s excellent work.

Sometimes a player just fits at a club and Benik loves it at Wolves. Think we need to trust Nuno’s judgement on this one.

Andre Silva on why he's struggled at Milan:

He'll fit in just fine here then, with the canal and the patch of sand covering the vomit outside the Moon Under Water.

Much rather we tried to sign Moussa Marega from FC Porto.

Still undecided TBH - which is better than when he rejoined when it would have been a firm 'no' from me.

I'd agree with Jinky - I'll trust Nuno.

Andre Silva & Benik Afobe as our two central forward options, with Cav, Costa, Jota (& anyone else we sign) in the wider positions - for a newly promoted team, that’s excellent work.

Sometimes a player just fits at a club and Benik loves it at Wolves. Think we need to trust Nuno’s judgement on this one.

Agree with this completely

I’d have taken him at the right price but 12.5m is too much for him imo even given the current market.

Happy to have him on the bench / in the squad. 12.5 is probably about right, we could recoup most of that by selling him to a champ team in a season's time if it doesn't work out.

Edit - plus interested to see what Nuno can do with him with a full pre-season to get his ideas across.

Andre Silva on why he's struggled at Milan:

He'll fit in just fine here then, with the canal and the patch of sand covering the vomit outside the Moon Under Water.
I pulled a whale out of the canal once. Most of the spokes were missing though

Happy to have him on the bench / in the squad. 12.5 is probably about right, we could recoup most of that by selling him to a champ team in a season's time if it doesn't work out.

Edit - plus interested to see what Nuno can do with him with a full pre-season to get his ideas across.

Exactly right. He wouldn't be my fuirst choice by a long way, but in a year's time Derby - or whoever is throiwsng the cash around in the Champ - will give us £12m for him

12.5m seems a bit steep, not that keen on him, but as mentioned trust Nuno if he wants him.

The market is fucked, West Ham paid 10m quid for Hugil FFS.

Can’t see any Championship side paying £10m+ for him in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back