• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t see any Championship side paying £10m+ for him in the future.

I can. He's only 25, and as Tredman says, the market is fucked. If Rhodes, Assombalonga, Hugil, Madine :)icon_lol:), McCormack etc are all going for stupid sums of money, £10m is far from unrealistic for a player who is clearly proven at Championship level. Whether he can do it in the Prem is another matter entirely but is spending £10m on a striker who'll get you goals to help a promotion push good value? I'd say so.

Then let someone who is looking for a promotion push buy him.

He's not good enough for how we play football. He's not good enough for any midtable PL side even if they built the team around him.

If we have to sell him it's because that's been proven with us and Bournemouth and we'd probably only get half our money back as whoever buys him knows they're also buying the same problem upon promotion. I'd rather player jota up top.

He's not good enough for how we play football. He's not good enough for any midtable PL side even if they built the team around him.

If we have to sell him it's because that's been proven with us and Bournemouth and we'd probably only get half our money back as whoever buys him knows they're also buying the same problem upon promotion. I'd rather player jota up top.

Yep, I'm with you here Del, I just don't see the point in buying a player to sell for the same so he may be good for somebody else to get promoted. That's backwards logic.

Buy better than we have not the same as before and buy players that fit, sadly Benik really doesn't fit with this system.

Yeah that's how i feel now, especially at that price.

"Sky Sources" are often wrong though, there may well be nothing in it, we certainly don't need to pay 12.5 for him, we sold him for 10, he hasn't done enough to get a 25% mark up.

If he'd been really good on loan then you might say it's worth a go. He wasn't though.

If he'd been really good on loan then you might say it's worth a go. He wasn't though.

Yep...Flat track bully who only scored against "lesser" teams, way too much at £12.5m, I'd rather sign Leo for £5m.

(I'd rather sign Marega for the reported e26m)

Yep...Flat track bully who only scored against "lesser" teams, way too much at £12.5m, I'd rather sign Leo for £5m.

(I'd rather sign Marega for the reported e26m)

Rather Leo who scored none this year rather than the guy who scored every 116 minutes? (6 in 697). That’s just crazy.

I’m not saying Afobe is a world beater, but he can score goals, and showed signs of improvement under nuno. Leo was bloody awful this year. Good on throw ins though...

I just don't believe 12.5m is correct.

a) He hasn't done enough for either Wolves or AFCB to justify a 25% fee increase.
b) AFCB probably still owe us a bit of cash as part of the deal when they bought him.
c) I just can't imagine we'd spaff that amount of money on BA given how well we've spent money over the last couple of years.

Doubt Bournemouth owe us anything now. It's nearly two and a half years since he joined them.

Rather Leo who scored none this year rather than the guy who scored every 116 minutes? (6 in 697). That’s just crazy.

I’m not saying Afobe is a world beater, but he can score goals, and showed signs of improvement under nuno. Leo was bloody awful this year. Good on throw ins though...

As a few have said in other threads (and I've said it too) Leo came here with no pre-season and played pretty much non stop through the League. Tiredness hit but he still linked the play with the wide forwards better than Afobe could ever do so yes, I'd like to see what Leo can do with a full pre-season but it won't happen as we wont sign him. I guess my point was I'd rather we signed someone else completely!

I'm hoping we buy a LCB and move Boly to RCB, that'd be far more balanced.

Assuming by this you mean a left-footer?

I wouldn't be against it per se but Boly seems pretty comfortable in that spot - personally I wouldn't be moving him. Plus (and I've no idea what any kind of stats are re left- or right-footed CBs) I'd guess it would be far easier to find a quality RCB.

Why would you want either? Neither are good enough for where we want to be or get us to a stage we want to be truly competing and not surviving.

Why would you want either? Neither are good enough for where we want to be or get us to a stage we want to be truly competing and not surviving.

I think the ‘we’re going to sign Ronaldo’ type expectations will be proven over the top. For a second choice striker, he can finish, has excellent pace and close control, loves the club and has shown he can learn and adapt to nuno’s requirements, fits really well into the squad and is English in case that becomes important at some point - I think he fits the bill pretty well. No gamble, plus we can pretty definately get our money back when we upgrade again in a couple of years.

I’m not unhappy with this one.

Close control, you sure about that?

I think the ‘we’re going to sign Ronaldo’ type expectations will be proven over the top. For a second choice striker, he can finish, has excellent pace and close control, loves the club and has shown he can learn and adapt to nuno’s requirements, fits really well into the squad and is English in case that becomes important at some point - I think he fits the bill pretty well. No gamble, plus we can pretty definately get our money back when we upgrade again in a couple of years.

I’m not unhappy with this one.

I didn't realise that if we don't sign Benik the only option is Ronaldo. Silly me.

Or perhaps there are better players than Benik? Dare I say it there are better players than Benik that may be more suitable for Wolves? But it's important for players to love the clubs they're at as it makes them better players and only Benik fits that bill.

And why buy a player to sit on the bench in the forlorn hope 'you'll get your money back'? Barmy logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back