• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised at the amount of people who are just expecting Doherty to be first choice next season with a backup being signed. I'll give him dues this season he's been a lot better, but as Deutsch has pointed out more than once it's because he's had very little defending to do. Given the amount of time and space he's been given this season I'd expect his assists and even goals tally to be higher, he's not going to get that much time and space in the Premier League so will offer little going forwards and he's gash going backwards.

I think he has been broken too severely for too long really. Magnificent player though.

Not a hope, he hasn't played a single game in over 18 months and he isn't even scheduled to be fit this calendar year.

Times have moved on eh, DW? We're now complaining about the ball control of players in a European final. Oh for the days of Grant Holt...

Feel like that moment aside he played really well, most sites marked him down for giving that goal away but he was looked really strong an imposing early on and got his head back in the game fairly quickly. It was a horrible mistaken given the platform but it wasn't his fault it was 0-0 at the time as they had missed one great chance and failed to make more given the early dominance.

No 5 for Marsaille looked class to me during that game, get him on the list...

Why would you visit the Birmingham Mail website anyway? It's abysmal.

I've warmed to Spiers this season. Judah is quite a funny bloke but he can screech and yelp at an annoying level on the Podcast. Can be listening to it in the car and one minute can barely hear what they're saying so have to turn the volume right up, and the next minute my ears are being battered by an annoying, high pitched Judah scream. They need to sort their levels out for next season.

I don't mind Judah but Spiers is shockingly poor as a journalist.

I think we were lucky to have Instone for so many years, he was an excellent journalist.

Times have changed though and I think Spiers suits the environment better than Instone and certainly better than Nash.

I thought Spiers was fine once he stopped some of the anti-Fosun stuff, as I felt his reluctance to embrace the new regime let him down a bit to begin with.

No real issues with them throughout the majority of this season though. I like their podcast though I agree with Jinky about the sound levels.

I like Judah and Spiers to be honest. We could have to put up with a lot worse. Judah is pretty bloody hilarious at times.

I must be in the minority, can't stand Judah. Spiers has grown on me though as the seasons gone on

Judah is OK, don't like Spiers and admit it is partially due to his stupid face

Never listened to Judah and don’t feel inclined to. I absolutely love Spiers though.

I’d rather one decent journalist who actually brought some news to the fore instead of a bad comedy double act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back