• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big no thanks from me. We need upgrades, not someone who was not quite good enough to start games in the championship. And that's without even getting in to whether or not I think he suits our style of play or not.

To be fair to Alfred, it's not as if he wasn't good enough to start ahead of Championship caliber players. He just wasn't good enough to start ahead of a Champions League player (Neves) and Premier League player (Saiss).

To be fair to Alfred, it's not as if he wasn't good enough to start ahead of Championship caliber players. He just wasn't good enough to start ahead of a Champions League player (Neves) and Premier League player (Saiss).
I agree with both of you. He'd get into the vast majority of Championship midfields, but ultimately he doesn't make our First 11 and I'd be looking to upgrade on Saiss and he's not it. I'll be interested to see how the latter does at LCH in the World Cup. Could be an option to play there for us next year and Boly move to the right on occasion.

Alan it's calibre.

I agree with both of you. He'd get into the vast majority of Championship midfields, but ultimately he doesn't make our First 11 and I'd be looking to upgrade on Saiss and he's not it. I'll be interested to see how the latter does at LCH in the World Cup. Could be an option to play there for us next year and Boly move to the right on occasion.

Alan it's calibre.

You say tomato, I say fuck you.

:tiphat:

e812bc39a6d7ac947d4387d9cc63423d.jpg

To be clear, I like Alfred and think we could do worse than him for the price Villarreal want, but equally I don't think he's suited for a two man midfield (at least not the way we play).

To be fair a lot of the American spellings - caliber and center are great examples are correct to the Latin. Especially things like armor and color. Those rogue u's and switched r's and e's are all the fault of French influence on our spelling. Blame the Normans, blame the Plantagenets, blame Napoleon.

The club tweeted that he is going to the world cup too and that was linked to the Fifa post.

Sako available on a free from Palace. Any takers?

I’d have him back.

Nah.

Out for a while as well. Don't think he will be back training until after the new season starts (last report I read on him had that in)

Doesn't fit out formation. Love him to death but it wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back