• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be irrelevant. Everything points toward Andre Silva at the mo. And I am sure there will be other surprises.

I hope it's not him. He has looked so poor all season for Milan. I know it's Milan and they're a bit of a mess at the moment but that will feel like the first "Mendes favor" transfer since Ola John.

Somehow I don't think Nuno will accept "favour" signings. If he did we would have got one last season (and I was expecting one to be honest)

Favour signing :icon_lol:

Sure, he was only one of the most coveted strikers in Europe 12 months ago. I'd rather him than Vincent Aboubabarndoor thanks.

If Andre Silva is the kind of 'favour' signing we get then I hope we get a few more!

I'd rather have someone coming in on good form from a weaker league than someone who has been dreadful in a less weak league.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Let's get Danny Hylton in then.

Honestly mate - you've seen us play. I'm going to guess you've seen Aboubakar play. You've definitely seen plenty of us moan about Afobe having a diabolical touch on occasion. And you think he's the answer?

Whereas Andre Silva can actually play football, I've seen it with my own eyes.

Aboubakar is African so his ability is already ^2 in Alan’s mind. The only time I’ve seen him play is in the confederations cup and he was awful.

Alan how do you know how good all these players are or do you just make it up? There is absolutely no way you watch all these players in minnow European leagues like you claim to.

I'd rather have someone coming in on good form from a weaker league than someone who has been dreadful in a less weak league.

Would you prefer David Luiz or Sol Bamba?

I've seen Aboubakar and I like him. He's got all the attributes to be successful in the Prem. Strong, quick feet, skillful.

Personally I saw Marega and thought he looked a donkey, yet he's been their top scorer this season.

I've signed Vin for Wolves in Fifa18 and he's already scored 20+ goals and it's only February In the season....

Aboubakar is African so his ability is already ^2 in Alan’s mind. The only time I’ve seen him play is in the confederations cup and he was awful.

Alan how do you know how good all these players are or do you just make it up? There is absolutely no way you watch all these players in minnow European leagues like you claim to.
If I said I watched anything other than 100% of Porto's matches would you just discount it anyway?

If you disagree then that's your right, but I have neither the time nor the imagination to fabricate this stuff.

If I said I watched anything other than 100% of Porto's matches would you just discount it anyway?

If you disagree then that's your right, but I have neither the time nor the imagination to fabricate this stuff.

I have no idea how good or bad he is. I just find it strange that you seem to have an idea on all these players who come from minnow leagues in Europe. Who seriously watches the Portuguese league or bloody Angers in Ligue Un.

I have no idea how good or bad he is. I just find it strange that you seem to have an idea on all these players who come from minnow leagues in Europe. Who seriously watches the Portuguese league or bloody Angers in Ligue Un.
I enjoy watching clubs and leagues that are outside of the top tier. It's just more interesting to me at that level. Same reason I started supporting Wolves rather than one of the big English clubs.

Obviously I can't watch all the matches in every league all the time (even if I wanted to; they just aren't broadcast so ubiquitously), but I feel like I see enough to have an opinion on a lot of players I see.

So how do you balance that with what I said; namely Aboubakar's touch (as well as a number of other aspects) makes him totally unsuited for what we require from a striker?

His goal tally this year is decent enough in a very, very weak league I'll grant you. But he's a shite footballer.

So how do you balance that with what I said; namely Aboubakar's touch (as well as a number of other aspects) makes him totally unsuited for what we require from a striker?

His goal tally this year is decent enough in a very, very weak league I'll grant you. But he's a $#@!e footballer.

I disagree, his touch really isn't that bad (it's not silky, to be fair), and he's an accomplished dribbler. As you would say (perhaps ironically), he has mad skillz.

And anyway it's neither here nor there, as you rightly said before this all kicked off he's likely not even a target of ours, he just happened to be at Porto when Nuno was there so *boom*, easy journo bait.

I've seen very little to suggest he's either suited to how we play or good enough to take us to the next level. A couple of very good performances but a whole lot of very average ones. Nuno clearly rates him less than Saiss who we should be upgrading on. I believe and hope we'll look elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back