• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right in thinking that there is plenty of hearsay that Aboubakar and Nuno really don't see eye to eye?

Most important thing for me is to get a top striker in..

Jota, Boly, Afobe, N'Diaye is going to total over £40m.

And that is to stand still.

Chuck in an Andre Silva type deal and that is £80m

Before you think about wing backs and a centre midfield partner for Neves as an upgrade for Saiss. Oh and the extra centre back (which I think will possibly be Marcano)

I am going to stick with £150m plus
We might sign players of that value, but 2 or 3 of them will be on loan.

I think Andre Silva as the marquee signing rather than loan is likely because of Milan are in trouble with FFP

This year's loan signings aside i think our others will be loans.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Am I right in thinking that there is plenty of hearsay that Aboubakar and Nuno really don't see eye to eye?

There was a lot of animosity between Vincent and Porto before this season. However whether or not that had anything to do with Nuno specifically is sheer speculation; the tension started before Nuno was brought in but it definitely came to head during Nuno's time there; Aboubakar was loaned out to Besiktas and he was none too happy about it (even going so far as to say that he never wanted to play in Porto colors again, although we've seen how that's changed). But there's no way to pin that decision on Nuno.

TL,DR; Aboubakar and someone at Porto did not get along at all, but we don't know if it was Nuno or not.

My guess is that our signing will be based on wages rather than signing fees.

At the high end our current squad will be about £40m and that include those loan player we decide to term permanent.

That leaves about £500k a week for new signings or 7 players at £70k a week.

I guess that will cost north of a £150m

Scary stuff.

There was a lot of animosity between Vincent and Porto before this season. However whether or not that had anything to do with Nuno specifically is sheer speculation; the tension started before Nuno was brought in but it definitely came to head during Nuno's time there; Aboubakar was loaned out to Besiktas and he was none too happy about it (even going so far as to say that he never wanted to play in Porto colors again, although we've seen how that's changed). But there's no way to pin that decision on Nuno.

TL,DR; Aboubakar and someone at Porto did not get along at all, but we don't know if it was Nuno or not.

He will not be coming here (he isn't terribly good anyway)

He will not be coming here (he isn't terribly good anyway)

No idea if we'll actually be after him, but there isn't really any evidence to suggest he's not a good player.

Apart from when I've watched him and made my own objective assessment to lead to that post, of course.

Can only imagine it's a small sample size, then. I've only ever seen Edinson Cavani be shit but we all know he's not. You don't get a goals record like Aboubakar has this season by being bad.

Apart from when I've watched him and made my own objective assessment to lead to that post, of course.

We all said the same about Bennett, Coady etc...

I don't think we will sign him but if we do all the evidence is Nuno and co will sort out any issues you have seen

It's the Portuguese league. Eder and Bebe scored goals there.

Yes, but they looked good.

Eder and Bebe are demonstrably not good footballers. Nor is Aboubakar.

Sadly Cameroon missed out on the World Cup so you will not get to see his repertoire of shinning the ball straight out of play and missing gilt-edged chances from six yards.

Have a sample for free:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3cg5bk

We could go around in circles for hours if we wanted. Agree to disagree, but I'd be quite excited by the idea of Aboubakar in a Wolves shirt.

Has also does things like this...

Opinions vary, footballers do things, etc etc

Yeah, I’m not a massive fan of Big Vincent either. It won’t stop his name being mentioned every 5 minutes on various social media all summer. His first touch is no better than Afobe’s.

I think it will be irrelevant. Everything points toward Andre Silva at the mo. And I am sure there will be other surprises.

My guess is that our signing will be based on wages rather than signing fees.

At the high end our current squad will be about £40m and that include those loan player we decide to term permanent.

That leaves about £500k a week for new signings or 7 players at £70k a week.

I guess that will cost north of a £150m

Scary stuff.

This is the point I am trying to get at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back