• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talisca as a replacement for Neves, sure, they are really similar players after all...

But that´s not the first rumour I read regarding Neves to Liverpool this week.

Fans have no fucking idea...

"Total LFC

@TotallLFC
Follow Follow @TotallLFC
More
Replying to @KoloToure4prez @Sadioinho and 3 others
Wolves party owned by Mendes who is agent of Navas. He made that move possible nothing to do with others not trying"

Would just note for anyone taking any notice of that guys Neves tweet that started this - the supposed replacement Talisca, cannot be signed by Wolves until July as Besiktas have first option on their loan to buy. We at most, will have asked to be kept informed and perhaps have some preliminary talks on a possible deal. Mind Never isn't leaving.

For Wilshere to come here we'd need to pay him £150k a week to become more attractive than the other linked clubs. Can't see that, and don't think I'd want it either

Only way we sign wilshere is if Neves leaves. A midfield of the 2 of them would be a bombscare

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/how-much-every-championship-side-12387769

I can't hear the moans from Villa et al. this morning about how we've 'bought' our way out of this division. Just look at Sunderland in 6th place - their squad cost just under £1M less than ours and look like they will be relegated to League 1.

Just goes to show it takes more than just money ...

I guess that's "cost of all the players in the squad" and not a true breakdown of this seasons transfer activities including money in from sales but it does give an idea of how much others have spent

Only way we sign wilshere is if Neves leaves. A midfield of the 2 of them would be a bombscare

Nuno might be planning to tweak the formation slightly though. A two man midfield could turn out to be a bit light in the prem. One of the forwards could then be withdraen slightly to an attackung midfielder to acvommodate Wilshere or a similar player. I could see this working, especially if we go for an upgrade on the wingbacks to pose more of an individual attacking threat. A more possession based style while further evolving the free flowing attacking play centered around lightning quick technical players frequently playing for the overlap.

Pure speculation though, as is the link with Wilshere

It's a no to Wilshere from me. Can't see us smashing the wage structure for him - besides, doesn't he break on a regular basis?

Nuno might be planning to tweak the formation slightly though. A two man midfield could turn out to be a bit light in the prem. One of the forwards could then be withdraen slightly to an attackung midfielder to acvommodate Wilshere or a similar player. I could see this working, especially if we go for an upgrade on the wingbacks to pose more of an individual attacking threat. A more possession based style while further evolving the free flowing attacking play centered around lightning quick technical players frequently playing for the overlap.

Against the top sides I think we'll see the wing backs tuck in to provide a more compact midfield 4 rather than messing with the forwards.

Belmer, smokes, expensive wages, isn't an upgrade on Neves, doesn't fit the Saiss role - no ta!

There's not a huge difference between the system we've been playing and something like a narrow 4-4-2 diamond - it's a formation where the defensive midfielder often ends up playing a de facto defender role in the middle of a back three during phases of the game where the full-backs have gone forward to provide attacking width. Nuno's tried a kind of makeshift 3-4-1-2 a few times this season, which is almost there, but we haven't quite had the right kinds of players to make it work. We especially need a better quality DM than Coady. Might be more realistic after this coming transfer window.

If nuno wanted Wilshere, I’d be happy to see him arrive - he’s clearly got ability, experience and was once massively highly rated. We’re going to play a passing game which works for him, and I’d be confident Nuno could get him working in the system he wants to play. Plus, he’s played 35 games for arsenal this season so far.

Wages and stuff are nothing to do with me - Nunk wouldn’t sign him if he thought there would be a problem.

Against the top sides I think we'll see the wing backs tuck in to provide a more compact midfield 4 rather than messing with the forwards.

Don't think you'd see the wingbacks tucked in.

Under pressure the wide players just get deeper so your 343 becomes 541 as was seen in a lot of the time in the game against City.

Don't think you'd see the wingbacks tucked in.

Under pressure the wide players just get deeper so your 343 becomes 541 as was seen in a lot of the time in the game against City.

Agree. Almost all of our attacking play is down the flanks and I don't see that changing. The wing backs are our main providers of width and the outlet fir Neves' diagonal long balls. And while Coady or Boly goes forward now and then, the midfield mostly consists of only Neves and Saiss. Some good, quick, ball playing reinforcements in the wingback positions could allow us to tinker with the forwards, for example to withdraw the central one to play an even deeper Bonatini role or a more fluid composition alltogether.

Seems to me that Costa & Jota play quite narrow for a 3 up front, as does Cav when he starts. They may drop wide to receive the ball, but their first move is infield.

I have no real idea how we'll adapt next year, but am excited to find out. Saiss has excellent positioning and covering skills, he's always dropping into full backs positions when they bomb forward, and also if Coady or Boly bring the ball out. I appreciate why a few feel he'll be upgraded in the summer, but I still think he'll be a valuable squad member at the least. Vastly superior to N'Daiye, who I'd bin off.

Would love us to sign Wilshire. Quality, quality player and the meltdown from Arsenal fans would be glorious.

There is a question of where he'd fit in to our 3-4-3 but I trust Nuno 100%. We have played 3-4-1-2 at times this season so maybe we'll see a bit more of that.

RCB SW LCB

RWB Saïss Neves LWB

Wilshire

ST ST

Would love us to sign Wilshire. Quality, quality player and the meltdown from Arsenal fans would be glorious.

There is a question of where he'd fit in to our 3-4-3 but I trust Nuno 100%. We have played 3-4-1-2 at times this season so maybe we'll see a bit more of that.

RCB SW LCB

RWB Saïss Neves LWB

Wilshire

ST ST

I would assume if we were interested and if he came he'd replace Saiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back